Ch. 83: Starry Night

Hyunwoo

~the next day~

Yoongi had explained to me what really happened and apologized for it. I accepted it nonetheless. Yet, I still can't help but feel a bit peeved. Kihyun had to convince me to talk to him. After that, we continued to talk about things from cases/patients to his paper. In midst of this conversation, a guy wearing  a black leather jacket, white t shirt, pale blue jeans, and a pair of dark brown Doc Martens came up came over and covered Yoongi's eyes.

"Guess who," he teases. Yoongi smiles instantly as he probably recognizes this person. 

"Hmm, I don't know who could it be," Yoongi plays along.

"It's your hope, Hyung," he says cheerfully before hugging Yoongi from behind. Yoongi chuckles before turning his face to the right a little and saying in a fond tone, "Hobi." The person in question smiles so brightly that it reminded me of the sun and then takes a seat next to Yoongi. 

"I thought that you were still on your tour until Friday night. What are you doing here," Yoongi asks. 

"The last venue had a pipe burst so the concert got postponed," he replies before looking at us. "Oh my. Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I just haven't seen Yoongles in a while. I'm Jung Hoseok. You might know me by my stage name, J-Hope," he says as he rubs at his nape and chuckled.

"Didn't I tell you not to call me that," Yoongi asks to which Hoseok ignores. 

"I'm Kihyun and he is Hyunwoo. We are doctors here," Kihyun says.

"Nice to meet you two. Oh, and I hope that you two won't mind if I whisk Hyung away," he says.

"Nice to meet you too. We don't mind. Go ahead," Kihyun says. 

"Great. Come on, Hyung. Let's go," Hoseok says after he gets up, grabs Yoongi's hand, and pulls him up from his seat. Yoongi quickly grabs his phone from the table before letting himself get 'dragged' away. 

"I think that is the cue for us to go too," I said. 

"Can we go somewhere instead of going home," Kihyun asks as we stood up. 

"Where?"

"You'll see," he smiles.

~a few hours later~

~on a mountain~

"Hurry or else we won't get a good spot," Kihyun says as we both sped walked to the viewing area with picinic items in tow. When we got there, Kihyun quickly found a good spot and unfurled the red and white checkered blanket onto the grass before helping me with the other things. 

As soon as we had everything set up, the sky darkened enough so that we can see the stars. We both sat down on the blanket and looked up. "So pretty. I wish we could see this every night," Kihyun says. 

"We could come here every weekend if you want," I said.

"Really," he asks with an eager look on his face.

"Really," I said with a smile. He returns my smile before returning his gaze to the stars above. Each of them are twinkling in the sky as the moon bathes everything and everyone in her wake. As I gaze upon the stars, I reached out with my hand and placed it on top of his.

He turns his hand around and then I interlocked our fingers. We stay like this for an extended period of time. At some point, the wind started to pick up a little. Kihyun started to shiver from the cold that it brought with itself. I let go of his hand and wrapped my arm around his shoulders as I scooted closer to him.

He then leans his head against my shoulder before taking my hand into his and started to move his thumb back and forth. I smiled at this gesture of affection before kissing the top of his head. "Hyung?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you believe that love lasts forever?"

I paused and thought about how I was given an opportunity to be with the love of my life again before saying, "I do."

A/N: might edit later