- 𝟗𝟔

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     AFTER HER return home, rosaline noticed that her mattress hadn't been taken. she could guess for some reason negan had left it behind.

     she had one and rick didn't.

     immediately, she went to offer him it but he and michonne refused. so did carl. their excuse was that she needed more rest than them. after a reasonable amount of pleading, she realized that there was no use in pushing for them to take it. if she had it, it was best to take the offer and be grateful.

     slowly, she walked up the steps, overhearing rick's conversation with michonne. he was talking about judith and how she wasn't his, but shane's. again, her memories filled with lori.

     taking a deep breath and scrunching her eyes shut for a moment, rosaline decided not to listen in anymore and went to her bedroom, changing into her nightclothes and falling asleep.

     she was both mentally and physically exhausted now.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     the next few days were the same. rosaline slept, ate just the slightest bit, and trained. her condition worsened but a few days before negan was meant to come she had to leave to hunt, using the bow he permitted her to keep.

     rick had gone on a supply run with aaron a few days ago. michonne had gone out the walls too, probably with them. carl had to keep an eye on judith. this was her time to go without anybody coming to stop her.

     rosa took rhaegar out as someone on watch opened the gates for her. the pair stalked into the woods beginning to track.

     the young woman kept light on her feet, despite feeling the heaviness of the illness dragging her body down. she was attempting to use the techniques daryl had taught her so much time ago to help.

     ever so often, tears welled up in her eyes as she reminisced the times with him. however, she had to keep going. so he could eat a proper meal for once.

    as time went on, she finally caught signs of a track. it looked like they belonged to a deer. hopefully not the one that michonne managed to get.

     briskly, she searched in every place possible, rhaegar leading her on and on. she wasn't that far from home, in fact, she was near the road.

     just as she was about to round a tree, something grabbed her slamming her into it. due to the fact that she was pinned against a tree, she couldn't fish out her knife from her belt.

     she cried out hearing ragged breathing behind her. this was a person. rhaegar snarled, lunging for the man holding her down but he was kicked away and slammed against the tree a few feet away from her, losing consciousness.