- 𝟏𝟒𝟒

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     UPON NIGHTFALL EVERYONE had returned to the storage boxes they had taken shelter in the previous night before they could return to the communities. daryl had informed her that they would stay there for a few days to make sure that the man who had followed them wasn't the only person out there before they could come back home. for the safety of their daughter and everyone else alone.

     the group seemed compliant with that idea and when they swept the grounds, there seemed to be no one left there to follow them. so, they made their way home. when they reached alexandria walls rosaline let out a sigh of relief seeing that everything was being rebuilt after the destruction of the horde.

     daryl and rosaline instantly made their way to carol who had taken visenya out into the sun, sprawled out on a small blanket where she was rolling around and fiddling with dog toys that had been brought over to the tower. she probably took them on the way back.

     the brunette smiled kneeling down and scooping the baby up in her arms, "mommy and daddy are back."

     daryl looked over visenya, stroking her head as he turned to carol, "everything been fine?"

     "oh yeah don't worry she's eating. she's got your appetite." she joked, crossing her arms over as she looked at the couple with a smile.

     "shut up." he shook his head with a smirk as rosaline passed visenya over, daryl swinging her up and down playfully, but still with gentleness, "how has my girl been, huh?"

     the infant let out happy sounds which were growing into laughter, grabbing onto the fabric of daryl's shirt. rosaline couldn't possibly keep down her smile, "look at you."

     he smiled back at her softly, giving a glance at carol, "house destroyed?"

     "not much." she shook her head, "maybe a bit roughed up, but no."

     daryl nodded picking up the blankets and toys off the floor while hoisting visenya up to look at rosaline, "come on."

     rosa followed after him in the direction of their house along with the dogs, marks or scratches on the walls and a few tattered objects laying scattered around but either way, they could still go there. daryl opened the door, going into the living room area where the couch was still intact along with mostly everything else, sitting against the bottom of it and patting the spot so rosaline would sit next to him.

     "she's getting bigger." rosaline murmured, leaning her head on his shoulder as he laid visenya to rest against his knees, her small palms grabbing his large fingertips, "still looks like a spitting image of you."