- 𝟑𝟗

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     THE EVENING had come and people were gathered around a fireplace. daryl offered to go on watch upon a prison bus that had been toppled over against the gate, preventing the walkers from getting in. their meal consisted of what the marksman managed to hunt earlier that day.

     "if we dig a hole under the fence leading to the river, like a canal, we could get plenty of fresh water." t-dog proposed, jerking his chin towards the fence in the direction of the lake.

     hershel nodded, "the soil here is good. we can plant some seed - grow some tomatoes, cucumbers, soybeans..." he brought his attention to rick, "that's his third time around. if there was any part of it compromised, he'd have found it by now."

     "maybe he's worried." rosaline muttered before standing up and taking some of the kill, "i'll go bring this to daryl." she said before walking away to him.

     "okay honey, just careful climbing there," lori told her.

     rosaline turned around nodding at her with a small smile. her motherly instincts were kicking in again. she was coddling carl and sometimes even giving rosaline an extra eye. it was probably the pregnancy affecting her attitude too. however, the girl didn't complain - it didn't bother her.

     as she placed her feet on some boards, the redneck noticed her below and held a hand out. she took it gratefully and hoisted herself up. she passed him the small bowl, "you have to eat you know, there isn't going to be much left."

     he dropped a piece of meat in his mouth, "i guess little shane over there has got quite the appetite." daryl muttered, jokingly.

     rosaline faked a gasp before, bumping his shoulder slightly, "don't be ridiculous." she chuckled, gesturing to his poncho, "where'd you get that from?"

     "always had it in the bag." he replied before turning to her, "i got yours. carl gave me it, he was using it during one of those games he was practicing with yer dog."

     rosaline raised her brows, surprised, "really? i'll make sure to get it off you." she paused, "rick has gotten us quite far, don't you think?"

     daryl dipped his head, "mhm."

     the girl rolled her shoulders trying to ease the aching off. daryl didn't fail to notice, due to her grunt of displeasure. he watched her, "what's up?"

     rosaline sighed, "my back. sleeping on the hard floor the whole time, shooting guns... you'd think i'm turning into an old woman at this point."

     daryl blinked, "hold on." he said, placing the bowl on the ground and licking the residue meat off of his fingers. rosaline raised a brow as he motioned for her to turn around. slowly, he started to work his way through the knots on her back, pushing at all the right spots.