- 𝟑𝟓

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     DARKNESS HAD fallen quickly. owls were hooting and the crickets were louder than ever. the night was cold, almost unforgiving. every time rosaline would let out a breath she could see the hot air out of her mouth became a mist. searching for randall had become like looking for a needle in a haystack.

     the girl kept in pace with the two men that were with her, rhaegar's nose to the ground as he tried to sniff the boy out. he wasn't too familiar with his smell, yet he was trying his hardest. it had been around an hour or two since they had started to look for the missing prisoner.

     the crunching of leaves and the flapping of wings caused rosaline to look around, somewhat concerned for what could be hiding in the dark. yet daryl and glenn continued, though making sure to leave her or rhaegar behind.

     "this is pointless." daryl grumbled turning to them, "you two got a light?"

     rosaline shook her head, she didn't know that they were going to be on the lookout for an escapee in the dark. glenn did though, he passed him the flashlight he had.

     daryl let out an irritated sigh as he scanned the clearing, "come on."

     "we're back to square one." glenn complained as they seemed to round the same area for the hundredth time.

     "well if you're gonna do one thing you might as well do it right." daryl told him.

     as they walked on daryl seemed to notice something on the ground, "there's two sets of tracks right here. shane must've followed him a lot longer than he said." he informed.

     rosaline pinched the bridge of her nose with her fingers before asking rhaegar to follow them. the dog let out a quiet bark, trotting away trying to pinpoint the source of them.

     he jumped up on a tree bark, yapping catching their attention.

     rosaline squinted, "is that blood?"

     "fresh." daryl confirmed. rhaegar immediately raced off in a direction.

     rosaline started after him, "he's got something,"

    daryl followed after them, "there's dusted up track. means something went down..."

     the german shepherd stopped next to a rag, his tail wagging, before continuing on. a rustle caused them to race after him hiding behind a tree.. rosaline took a bow out of her quiver and loaded it quickly, patting her thigh causing rhaegar to retreat and stay quiet next to her.

     the marksman peaked out beside the tree. a walker was stumbling around. when it finally found them behind the tree, snarling and growling hungrily, glenn shining a light revealed it to be something they'd been searching for all along.