- 𝟏𝟐𝟓

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     SOON AFTER connie had left, ezkiel, carol and henry had approached daryl and rosaline. the teenager was there to thank the two of them for keeping a lookout for him while he kept on getting himself into trouble during his stay at hilltop.

     before the couple could walk away, the king stopped them, "thank you. when hilltop is secure, know that our doors are always open to you and rosaline. we'd be honored if both of you could consider calling the kingdom your home."

     daryl's gaze swayed between them both, "we'll think about it."

     "good." carol smiled.

     rosaline knew she had to say yes and convince daryl too. with the news that she had just found out for herself, a home was going to be mandatory. the only obstacle for her at that moment was the fact that she needed to work up the courage to tell daryl.

     the brunette wondered if she could slip her test to carol as a silent message. the older woman was like her little guardian. since the beginning, they had looked out for each other. perhaps she could tell her. when daryl walked away, rosaline slipped the test out of her pocket, taking carol's hand.

     at first, she was utterly confused, but when she felt it in her hand, her fingers curled around it, hands rising up to her line of sight where she could see what it is.

     when she did, the woman was speechless. ezekiel stared at her, leaning over the both of them to see what was going on.

     the man's eyes widened and he squeezed her arm, "congratulations young rose."

     suddenly carol let out an excited squeal, throwing her arms around the smaller girl, "oh my god. rosaline. congratulations! does daryl know?"

     the woman hushed her slightly, "not yet. i'm not sure how he'll react. you can see what's going on around us right now. i didn't think it was the right time for something like this- maybe a few years ago-"

     carol interrupted her, "you can't think about that. why don't you stay? you can't go to hilltop, you might get hurt. what about the baby?"

     "i won't get hurt." she assured, "i've got daryl with me. we've been fine on our own in those woods for six years, i don't think we'll topple now."

     "you need to tell him. you also need to move to one of the communities - you can't be out there now. it's not safe." the woman pressed, growing more and more worried within seconds.

     "i'll try and tell him."

     "rosaline!"

     daryl's voice called and she bid ezekiel goodbye, hurrying to her husband with carol. her hands wrapped around his torso and she watched rhaegar trot beside the motorcycle just like in the old days. the gate closed behind them, carol's eyes resting on rosaline's back.