- 𝟏𝟏𝟏

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     THE GROUPS started to climb their way up the plains, rick had discovered that the plan which gregory had delivered was something to draw them out to be killed. maggie had also joined up with them on the little mountain.

     it was a beautiful view, the only disappointment being the gigantic horde of walkers wandering in another direction. it was probably just as big as the quarry build up.

     "god... you ever seen one that big?" someone asked.

     rick shook his head, "no. things are changing. let's go."

     daryl and rosaline bumped shoulders as they feasted their eyes upon the undead in the distance. the marksman grunted, "how much further?"

     "we grow closer." ezekiel assured, "yonder, over the ridge."

     rosa smacked her tongue, rallying her dog to her heel, "come."

     the team continued further up the hill until the same ominous whistle that negan had used echoed in the distance. rosaline felt herself shudder for a moment as daryl slid her an m4.

     she tried to scout out where they could possibly be, rheagar shielding her with a low growl rumbling out of his throat.

     negan's voice came out amplified on a radio, "well, damn, rick, look at that. pegged again. pegged so very hard. i ambushed your ambush with an even bigger ambush!"

     "how about you step out and face us?" rick screamed angrily, circling around in one spot, ready to shoot.

     "oh, i am everywhere, rick. some more bullhorns, more walkies. pick a direction to run. see how you do. make it fun for all of us!" the leader of the saviors exclaimed, "guess what else i did. i brought you some of your old friends. you remember your old buddy eugene?" he continued.

     "asshole got away." rosaline hissed under her breath, frowning to herself. if that coward was there, she'd definitely be giving him a staredown.

     "well, he is the person that made today possible. same goes for dwighty boy here."

     the brunette swiveled around to look to michonne, who'd been suspicious of the plan since the start, "what happened?"

     michonne only seemed as stunned as her.

     she could practically feel negan grinning on the other side of the walkie-talkie, "in case you were wondering, he didn't team you on purpose. no, he is just a- a gutless nothin' that sucks at life, and now he gets to stand up here and watch you all die, and he's gonna live with that.

     so he hadn't betrayed them. dwight had stuck to his words ever since he had come to them with the offer of defeating negan.

     "gabriel, well... he's gotta go too! we're cleaning house today, rick. and then... there's you. it never had to be a fight. you just had to accept how things are. so... here we go. congratulations, rick."