- 𝟏𝟑𝟗

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     EVERY ABLE-BODIED person had lined up outside of hilltop, weapons at the ready to strike the oncoming whisperers. rosaline had taken it as her liberty to stay back, ready to retreat with visenya. while there were already traps set up for them, daryl had already mentioned his doubts to her about how strongly they would be able to hold out before it was time to use the community walls to their advantage.

     although rosa wouldn't be going with the children, likely with herself and rhaegar under someone's supervision, their goal was still to meet at the rendezvous where they were going to be. after all, she had to collect her sister and rj to make sure they were safe.

     from inside the building, rosaline could hear things being launched at their perimeter. when the brunette peered out the window, she could see that familiar color of flames engulfing the fence, embers sparking up in the night sky. with her heart beginning to beat faster, rosaline rushed herself over to her younger sister.

     "judith." she called, steadying the bow and bag on her back, "get your brother and the other kids ready."

     "got it!" her high-pitched voice replied from another room.

     due to the noise, visenya had woke, fussing and squabbling with herself to cry about it or not. rosaline was not only concerned for her husband but all the residents that lived at hilltop. there could be casualties, and most likely, there were. all those open flames were bound to hurt someone sooner rather than later.

     smash!

     a flaming arrow burst through the nearest glass window, startling rosaline to bits. her daughter began to wail in her arms as she looked to see if rhaegar was still with her when going down the stairs. surely, he was, sticking close and making sure not to step on the paw that was hurt from the previous 2 days.

     bursting into the open, rosaline looked around frantically, "daryl!" she screamed.

     people were swinging all sorts of weapons. clubs, maces, swords, machetes, and so on. meanwhile, roamers were starting to push their way through a panel of fencing that had fallen. dust began to build up, causing rosaline to cough to clear the chemicals from her throat. this was no place for visenya. she'd most likely have to go without him, as he said.

     extremely disorientated by the lack of vision, rosa searched for the nearest exit. there could be someone to take with her that needed help. however, everyone who was either fleeing or fighting had scattered. there was no use even trying to preserve hilltop anymore - it was going up in flames and eventually, all that would be left would be reduced to nothing but ashes.

     from afar, the woman hadn't heard daryl calling out for her, afraid for her life.

     though this time, rhaegar took the initiative and grasped onto the woman's sleeve, pulling her the opposite way as if asking her to give up the search. in a few minutes, this place would be filled with the dead and impossible to escape. her best bet was to leave.