- 𝟏𝟒𝟎

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

INSTANTLY DARYL DECIDED to set up a small search for carol, wherever she went. it resulted in negan having his hands bounded together by the rope that lydia had fortunately left behind. daryl did not believe negan whatsoever about his success in killing alpha, so he was going to have him lead the pair of them to where carol had supposedly left her head on a pike - just as alpha had done to her adopted son.

despite already being in a solid amount of trouble, negan's personality didn't allow him to stop talking, "this whole 'follow the leader' routine, it's kinda de ja vu for me. it's the same way it went down with alpha."

there was a silence as daryl exchanged a look with rosaline that only screamed 'can he shut up'.

"you know i get it. alright, you're pissed. your gal pal didn't let either of you in on the plan."

finally daryl answered him, "nobody asked you."

"look, i'm pissed, too. lone wolves, they're not thinking about the pack." he suggested, taking a glance back at both of them.

while rosaline was about to speak, daryl beat her to it, "maybe i'm pissed 'cause of hilltop. whole bunch of children, including mine, almost died 'cause of you. hell, you best be glad she's here cause i'd beat your ass."

negan turned around to take a long look at rosaline daryl before he ordered that he kept walking. rhaegar walked beside the woman slowly, looking to her as she patted his back.

"well, where is the little angel junior?" he questioned, gaze flickering to rosaline.

"ain't none of your concern about where our kid is." daryl snapped, pushing him further to the front.

rosaline was unsure of whether to say something, she'd kept quiet this whole time, "she's not here, but alive. that's all you get to know."

the sky had darkened with shadowed clouds, the sun dropping over the horizon, markings the signs of oncoming night. finally, they'd reached the spot where negan claimed that carol had placed the head he delivered. although, there was nothing there but a blood-ridden stick.

"i swear to god, it was on that spike." the panic in negan's voice was clear now as daryl pointed the crossbow to the back of his head, "look, uh- we... we sit here, we can wait for carol or i can take you to find the... oh, come on, man."

the woman glared at him, "so it just grew wings and flew off by itself? do you know carol is gonna come back? what is this? a trap?"

negan let out a shaky sigh, "its not what you think it is. we're talking about lydia here. why would i stash her out in banjo country unless the whole point was to keep her safe? unless the whole freakin' point was just to use her as bait so i could get alpha alone? here's an idea, why don't you get your furry-friend to find her?"