- 𝟔𝟐

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     THE COOING of judith roused rosaline from her sleep. beside her, daryl was still asleep breathing soundly. she gently got out from his grasp, changed into her daily clothes, and picked the girl up in her arms to go downstairs.

     rick was already awake sitting down thinking to himself. she smiled at him, "morning."

     "morning. let me take her while you make the formula." he extended his hands. softly, she passed the baby over, going to the small stove putting it on.

     after a few minutes, it was done. beth had woken up and rick went to get carl up too. she started to feed judith, satisfied the girl made no sound. rhaegar slipped down the stairs, waiting to be fed too.

     since rick's hands were free, he dropped some dog food into his bowl and slid it over earning a nod of thanks from his adoptive daughter. by then, daryl got up noticing both of their absences. his crossbow was ready on his back.

     "morning." rosaline smiled starting to burp the baby, "breakfast?"

     he let out a small yawn, "i've got it." the marksman walked over to the cafeteria opening a pack of nuts, "you want some?"

     "not really breakfast but sure." she laughed.

     "open up." daryl demanded.

     rosaline quirked a brow, but still done as he said. daryl closed one eye and aimed for her mouth, throwing a nut in. she laughed, "nice aim."

     he grunted, "thanks."

     bang!

     judith started to cry as she was startled due to the noise. it sounded like gunshots. rosaline whipped her head around to meet eyes with daryl who raced past her, reaching for the keys. beth got up confused.

     "what's going on?" rosaline stood up, hoisting the baby onto her hip, "walkers? people?"

     "i dunno, i need ya to stay here. keep a lookout on the kid. i'll go take care of it. keep the dog in case you need help." he commanded, running out and shutting the door behind him.

     rosaline sighed, hearing screams come out of the tombs. daryl locked that door too. she was praying to god that they weren't being attacked by people.

     almost half an hour passed until the screams quietened down. carl had come back to unlock the c block for them as everything was gained under control. rosa asked beth to take care of judith while she went to check out what happened.

     when she arrived, she could see the massacre that happened at d block. walkers on the floor, blood everywhere. it seemed as if there was a breach, but the prison was secure so there couldn't have been one.