- 𝟔𝟕

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     A SINGLE walker staggered up to the window, inspecting the area around it mindlessly. the marksman found no reason to actually kill it.

     "it's just one of them." daryl informed.

     beth raised her brows quizzically, "should we get it?"

     "if he keeps making too much noise, yeah."

     she grabbed the jar of moonshine offering it to him, "well, if we're gonna be trapped again we might as well make the best of it. unless you're too busy chaperoning, mr. dixon."

     he took it, giving in slumping down in the couch taking a swig, "hell, might as well make the best of it. home sweet home."

     after some time, beth offered the redneck a drinking game. the blonde began to explain it, "so first i say something i've never done and if you have done it, you drink, and if you haven't, i drink. then we switch. you really don't know this game?"

     he chewed on the skin of his finger, "i ain't ever needed a game to get lit before."

     "wait, are we starting?" she asked, cluelessly.

     "how do you know this game?" daryl queried, pointing a finger at the jar.

     she dipped her head, "my friends played. i watched. okay, i'll start. i've never shot a crossbow. so now you drink."

     "ain't much of a game." he muttered, taking a sip.

     "that was a warmup," the girl reassured, "now you go."

     daryl hummed to himself gruffly thinking, "i don't know."

     "just say the first thing that pops into your head." she encouraged.

     he finally got something, "i've never been out of Georgia."

     "really? okay, good one." she said slightly astounded, drinking, "i've never been drunk and did something i regretted."

     daryl took gulped more moonshine down, "i done a lot of things."

     "your turn."

     "i've never been on vacation."

     "what about camping?" beth quizzed.

     daryl shook his head, "no that's just something i had to learn to hunt."

     beth was interested, "your dad teach you?"

     "mhmm."

     she nodded letting the moonshine slide down her throat, "okay. i've never... been in jail. i mean, as a prisoner."