- 𝟐𝟗

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE HUMMED as maggie made her way downstairs. apparently, andrea had offered to stay with beth. lori and her didn't think that was the best idea, but they couldn't object as she had already gone upstairs.

     after a few minutes, maggie decided to go back up. the sound of glass shattering caught the gir's attention. quickly her head snapped to where lori was standing, "you hear that?" the woman stopped, taking a good listen as to what the noises were coming from the second floor, "come on." rosaline urged speeding up the stairs.

     the two burst in the room, lori's eyes widening, "maggie?"

     "she's in there. i heard glass!" the other girl kept pounding on the door, demanding her younger sister to open it. beth's quiet sobs could be heard from the other side. she was trying to commit suicide again.

     "beth, come out please, think about maggie." rosaline pleaded along with them, in hopes of getting the girl to give up and come out.

     maggie started to become panicked, "don't do this beth, don't do this. open up, please!"

     the sobbing only continued.

     realization came into lori's eyes, "we left her with andrea." the older woman turned to her, "where's a key?" maggie started murmuring to herself, going through her cupboards shakily searching for a key to the door. the clattering of items echoed in the room.

     "i don't know." she finally said, opening the cupboards before going back to the door, "beth honey, please open the door. i'm not mad. i'm not mad, beth."

     rosaline's eyes scanned the room, she spotted a long metal stick, it looked like it was used for poking a fireplace in order to get the flames to rise. she tapped lori on the back passing it to her.

     "maggie." lori warned, causing the girl to step back.

     lori pried the door open, revealing the young blonde girl standing there, shaking clasping her bloodied wrist.

     she cried, "i'm sorry." maggie didn't waste time. she went to hug her younger sister, rubbing her hand up and down her back in order to get beth to calm down.

     rosaline placed a hand on her forehead, turning away. relief washed over them. beth had given up on her attempt and realized that there was something worth sticking around for. she had hope - that's all that mattered at that moment.

     "okay. it's okay." maggie reassured, guiding her out of the bathroom to go treat her wound.

     "here, i'll do it for you." rosaline offered, "you go wash up and clam down."

     the brown-haired girl guided the blonde into the living room, lori passed her the needed materials for her to patch beth up.

     rosaline nodded thanks to her, "can you get her a glass of water too?" she asked then turned to the younger girl, "give me your hand."