- 𝟔𝟔

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE'S BODY laid on top of the bus with rhaegar, facing up at the sky, eyes closed. the walkers below her growled, she'd been the only person to make it out of the bus. it had gotten overrun with walkers and the people inside couldn't defend themselves. the only way she'd made it was by climbing up to the roof.

     it'd been days since the prison had fallen, and the girl couldn't be bothered to move. daryl was gone. carl, rick, and judith too. no one was coming. there was no hope. rhaegar had not bothered to move her, as he could see the state she'd been left in.

     there was glass etched into her thighs, as she'd smashed a bit of the window to use it to climb on top. before climbing up herself she had to throw rhaegar up, which had caused her shoulder to pop out of place.

     she did put it back herself. that was the least she could do.

     suddenly, a gunshot echoing jolted her awake. she placed a finger to her lips silencing the dog and asking him to stay down.

     the girl crawled towards the end of the bus peeking down at whatever had let the walkers out. her eyes widened as she could see bob, sasha, and maggie.

     almost instantly, life came back to her eyes. people she knew. maggie most of all. maybe there was hope, "oh my god." she yelped.

     their eyes snapped to the top, "rosaline?!"

     "i can't believe it's you." the girl sat on the top of the bus, getting ready to slide down with her bow, "anyone mind helping?"

     sasha rushed to the side of the bus, extending her arms, "you okay?"

     rosa nodded, "i have a massive piece of glass stuck in my thigh, otherwise i'm fine. just need to take it out. rhaegar and i were the only ones who made it." she helped her down before the girl trained her eyes on a despaired looking maggie, "he isn't in there."

     "what?"

     "he ran off before the bus even took off. he might be out there, alive." she reassured walking towards the eldest greene daughter, pulling her in a tight hug, "he wasn't on the bus."

     maggie didn't have the words to describe her joy at that moment, all she could do was cry as she latched onto the long-haired girl, "thank god." she choked out.

     rhaegar jumped down from the top, rubbing himself against sasha.

     rosaline rubbed her hand up and down her back, "did you see daryl?"

     "last time i saw him was at the prison," she replied faintly, before pulling away.

     "they'll be out there, somewhere."