- 𝟎𝟑

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE WAS up helping lori with hanging out the washing whilst everyone let rick sleep in. he had a long day and his wife didn't bother waking him up. rhaegar was hanging out watching the two women.

     to them it was great that he didn't stray off, rosaline was glad that they connected on a deeper level and he was obedient when needed.

     "morning, officer." lori greeted her husband which snapped rosa out of her thoughts. the girl glanced towards rick shooting him a smile.

     she was glad that she least knew him somewhat due to him being her uncle figure back when the world wasn't such a shitty place.

     lori told her that she should start thinking of him as being the father figure she had always needed. however, rosaline didn't hold much of a response to that statement, clouded by her own worries.

     "morning." rosa greeted eventually. rick walked over chorusing the same back at her as he stared down at the dog who was sitting next to the women.

     he clicked his tongue at rhaegar - acknowledging his presence for the first time - and extended his hand so the canine could sniff it.

     hesitantly, rhaegar leaned towards rick giving his hand a good whiff, and then turned back to rosaline questioningly. the girl chuckled. he wasn't a big fan of people and only stuck around to her.

     rosaline hadn't failed to notice that the only people that the dog felt comfortable around was carl, her, and surpassingly daryl out of all people.

     daryl was amazing with rhaegar actually -  and from the first sight, they got along which took her breath away. it was almost like the dog obeyed him as much as he did with his actual owner.

     that had her thinking again, where was daryl? his little scouting trip for food had been taking well over two days now.

     "not a fan of people, huh? thought you recognized me, pup." rick grinned almost as if he had been reading their thoughts, glancing back at rosa who had a cheeky smile on her face and then to his wife.

     "sleep okay?" she asked giving him a strange look. rosa tilted her head slightly at lori.

     had there been something happening while she was asleep?

     putting down the remaining clothes, rosaline left to give the two some private time to talk. they didn't seem to be getting much of that these days with so much going on - and rick had just come back.

     with rhaegar behind her, rosa walked over to dale and looked around for carl. usually, he would be playing under his supervision or be with sophia which meant that carol was watching over them.