- 𝟔𝟑

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     THE NEXT day, there was news that sasha had started coughing. she was the next to place herself in the cell block with sick people. more people were getting sicker and sicker, people were dying.

     a council meeting had commenced as promised by hershel the previous day.

     "everyone who survived cell block d has become infected. sasha, caleb and now others." hershel announced.

     daryl shook his head, "jesus."

     "so what do we do?" carol inquired, out of ideas.

     hershel fumbled with his hands, "first things first. cellblock a is isolation. we keep sick people there like we tried with karen and david."

     rosaline stared at glenn opposite side of her, who seemed to be breathing in a strange rhythm. she knew that he was there to deal with the walkers in cell block d. she'd gone to see what happened herself.

     daryl's voice brought her out of her deep thoughts, "what the hell we gonna do about that?"

     "ask rick to look into it, try to make timeline - who's where and when." carol suggested, "but what are we gonna do to stop this?"

     hershel gave her a pointed look, "there is no stopping it. you get it, you have to go through it."

     "but it just kills you?" michonne frowned.

     "the illness doesn't. the symptoms do."

     "do we have the medicine to ease that process? is there enough? more and more people are getting sicker." rosaline pointed out.

     the elder man nodded, "i was just about to move onto that. we need antibiotics, and a lot."

     daryl's brows knitted together, "we've been through every pharmacy nearby and then some."

     "that veterinary college at west peachtree tech, that's one place people may have not thought to raid for medication." he proposed, leaning back in his seat, "the drugs for animals there are the same we need."

     "how far?" rosa sighed.

     "fifty miles." daryl replied for her, "too big a risk before. ain't now. i'm gonna take a group out. best not waste anymore time."

     "i'm in." michonne decided.

     "so am i." the brown-haired girl added, going to pick her bow and quiver up.

     on the other hand, hershel rotated himself around to michonne, "you haven't been exposed. daryl and rosaline have. you get in a car with them..."

     the woman shook her head jokingly, "he's already given me fleas, no offense rosaline."

     "none taken. he should be the one taking offense." the girl laughed.