- 𝟖𝟏

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     IT WAS night. daryl and aaron had seemed to be clearing out more walkers than usual. they seemed to be gathering near the community more and more often, causing disruption. aaron made a comment about how commonly they'd start to wander around until daryl hushed him pointing at a faint light within the distance.

     rhaegar let out a low growl.

     meanwhile, the next morning in the community rick took it upon himself to go speak to deanna about the supposed abuse of jessie by her husband Pete.

     the leader of the community denied him the option of killing pete because he was a surgeon. rick insisted that rosaline could learn in his place and they could easily get rid of him.

     however, she didn't seem convinced at that idea and offered the idea of just sending him away - the former sheriff knew that wasn't safe because people always came back looking for revenge. just like at the terminus.

     this situation had only one way out for the safety of others. deanna still didn't consider it even with his consistent pleads and convincing.

     at a later time in the woods, daryl and aaron were trying to follow the source of the light. rhaegar was helping, trying to catch the scent of any stranger that passed by - they could mean a recruit. or someone who wanted to rob them.

     birds chirped, and critters were making their own sounds in the tall grass as they walked through. the pair were careful not to make any loud sounds.

     daryl clicked his tongue, calling rhaegar back as they stumbled across a pile of mutilated bodies, "whoever did this took what was left with them. this just happened." he pointed out, raising his weapon, "hey, rhaegar find."

     the dog let out a low bark leading them through. they approached a tree with a naked woman tied to it. flies buzzed around her rotting, disemboweled body.

     aaron found the sight sick, "they tied her up, fed in her body. tore her apart." he breathed, "this just happened?"

     "yeah." daryl muttered.

     his head was flying out with a thousand different thoughts. this wasn't normal and the people who'd done this certainly weren't friendly. if they were anywhere near alexandria this meant danger. rosaline was in jeopardy.

     at his knees, the large dog growled, finding the sight unpleasant. daryl lifted the head of the woman, shocked to see the same w carved into her forehead that he'd seen previously.

     just in time, she reanimated beginning to let out low growls. without hesitating, the marksman lodged his knife into her head, putting her down. all he could think about was rosa and if she was safe without him.

     "jesus..." aaron whispered to himself.

     daryl shook his head, slapping his thigh to the german shepherd, "come on."