- 𝟑𝟒

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     RICK PLACED a finger on the map, "take him out to senoia- hour there, hour back, give or take. we may lose the light, but we'll be halfway home by then." he explained.

     "this little pain in the ass will be a distant memory." daryl murmured, standing up, "good riddance."

     rosaline rolled her eyes at him, "yeah cause you won't have to watch him."

     "exactly," he replied to her, a smirk twitching its way onto his lips.

     "carol's putting together some provisions for him," rick said, "enough to last a few days."

     the rumbling of a car upon gravel caught their attention, shane was driving up the drive with the boot open. rosaline shot daryl a look before the former sheriff continued speaking to daryl, glancing at her momentarily too, "that thing you did last night-"

     daryl dropped his stare, "ain't no reason you should do all the heavy lifting."

     the girl sat down next to him, their shoulders brushing slightly, "you did the right thing." she whispered.

     he nodded at her solemnly.

     "so are you two good with all of this?" rick queried, trying to make sure the two got the plan so that there would be no confusion when they set out.

     "yeah." rosaline said.

     daryl spoke up, "i don't either of us trading haymakers on the side of the road. nobody'd win that fight."

     the car door closed and shane paced up the grass, locking eyes with rick.

     "i'm gonna take a piss." daryl informed, not wanting to be around for the conversation with shane. he placed the map under the former sheriff before leaving.

     rosaline threw her head back, "too much information."

     "what you wanna join? go together?" he asked playfully.

     rosaline laughed, "i'll pass."

     he disappeared around the corner leaving them with the bald man below. shane raised his head, "hey, you two seen carl lately?"

     "he's inside with his mother." rick replied placing a hand on his waistband.

     rosaline quirked an eyebrow as he continued, "look, he came to me. okay, i wasn't supposed to say anything, but he was out in the swamps yesterday."

     immediately the green-eyed girl whipped around, "by himself?"

     shane nodded at both of them, "he came across a walker stuck in the mud. he got scared, ran off."