- 𝟏𝟏𝟑

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ENGINES RUMBLED as rosita and daryl rounded back in front of them. rosaline put her horse to a stop as daryl lowered his bandana from his mouth. by the look on his face, rosa knew that there had been some inconvenience along the way otherwise they wouldn't have come back to stop them.

     they led them to the bridge they were going to use to head back home. it had collapsed, leaving them without a way home.

     "two other herds merged into 'silvia', so now it's even bigger. one of them came through here, and the back end took down the bridge." rosita explained, pointing to the fallen structure, "took the walkie repeater with it."

     "we could use another way to get home." rosaline suggested, squinting at the rising river.

     daryl grunted, "what about route a? is that clear yet?"

     "it's still too close to the herd." rosita replied.

     "we can get to alexandria from this side, stay there till it passes." michonne put forward, placing her hands on her hips.

     maggie dipped her head, "no. route a has taken days to clear before. i need to get home to hershel."

     "we could take route d. it's early enough in the day." carol prompted looking around at everyone. people seemed worried not to be able to get home fast enough. maggie's reasoning was understandable - she had a kid to care for. the woman needed to get home as soon as possible.

     rick pinched the bridge of his nose before trudging back, "keep an eye on the trade road in case anyone else tries to move through. gabriel, y'all can head back to alexandria from here." he ordered, "the rest of us can go to the sanctuary or hilltop stay the night and head off from there. take care. get home safe."

     rosita made sure to spray on a sign that the bridge was down whilst everyone turned their horses around. unfortunately, their path ahead seemed to buddy for the horses to be able to pull the wagon through. it'd get stuck.

     "rick, the horses can't pull the wagon through this mud." michonne warned, the horses neighing in discomfort.

     "maggie, i think they need a break." one of the boys handling the horses told her.

     he was right. these horses had been pulling weight since the morning. going through mud wouldn't do them any good.

     maggie ran her tongue over her top lip, "maybe we should leave the supplies. send a group back in a day or two." she advised rick.

     "it's risky. we've seen herds run through and destroy bigger things than this." michonne pointed out, adjusting the position on her horse.

     "we can swap out the horses, split up, take 'em out in the clear, give 'em a rest while we see what we can do about the trailers." rick planned out, petting the snout of his own horse.