- 𝟏𝟒𝟑

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE SETTLED on the floor, with daryl as soon as he removed his jacket for them both to lay on, the dogs behind them serving as pillows. when she felt her presence next to him, she removed her gaze from the ceiling, meeting his.

     "i get her." she said suddenly, "for maggie the past has always been written clearly. it never dies, and for some people, it's impossible to forget. she doesn't need to forget no matter what people can say to her. looking negan in the eye for her is like meeting the devil. hell, dare, if that was you and i, being left with visenya... i would have probably not been able to do it. not like maggie."

     daryl turned on his side to face her, his head gently bobbing up and down as horizon's breathing slowed, signaling her falling asleep, "yer right. all of it. except for that last thing. if it were the other way round i'd have gone to hell. you wouldn't."

     rosaline could help but chuckle slightly, facing him equally, "right."

     "right i am." he confirmed, rolling his eyes as he pulled her closer by her waist.

     she nestled her head in the crook of his neck, "love you."

     "i love you too." he whispered his head resting atop her's, "go to sleep unless ya wanna look like one of 'em walkers in the morning."

     rosa scoffed her eyes drooping shut, "flattering."

     he smiled to himself, his lips connecting to her forehead before he himself closed his eyes.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     in the morning, rosaline and daryl were awakened by rhaegar scratching at the door, beginning to gather themselves when maggie banged her hand on their storage container.

     "time to go!"

     rhaegar gave a low growl, alerting the group of an oncoming walker. cole took the cue to run towards the biter, taking it down.

     rosaline's brows raised, "kelly was on watch, right?"

     "yeah, she is." elijah frowned.

     daryl took one look around, the glint of surprise clear in his eyes as he had totally not expected the girl to abandon her post all of a sudden.

     rosa clapped her hands, the dogs trotting over to her, "these two can find her."

     maggie let out a frustrated growl before following them as they received the command to track kelly down, the group approaching a run-down truck and seeing her climbing the top to retrieve something unknown to them.