- 𝟏𝟑

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     NIGHT CAME but rosaline could still not find rest on the highway. the fact that the cars were littered with bodies and lori had described this place as a graveyard made her uneasy and she had chosen to stay awake most of the time. her muscles ached, her eyes stung and she couldn't help but yawn every couple or so minutes.

     a noise startled her, but rhaegar kept sleeping. strange. usually, he was the first one up if there had been a noise. slowly standing up rosaline approached the noise and peeked around the corner of a car. daryl was rummaging through the trunk, something in his hand.

     "you're not asleep?" she'd ask quietly.

     "naw. can't sleep, i'd rather keep watch." daryl replied gruffly, not taking his gaze away from what he was doing. however, something was in his hand that caught rosaline's attention.

     it was a dark blue hooded cloak that shimmered in the moonlight. its fabric appeared quite soft from what she could see and seemed expensive - it would have been.

     "what's that?" rosaline inquired, nodding towards what daryl clutched in his hand.

     daryl stared down at what he was holding and opened it up further, approving what the girl saw. it was pretty.

     "you want it?" he asked suddenly.

     "you're not going to need it?"

     "nah, why would i? take it," daryl replied, tossing it over to her.

     thanking him, rosaline slipped it around her back and clipped it around her. however, she was reminded of a few hours before when she pulled the hunting knife out of the arsenal that carl had found.

     "hey, here." she piped up, pulling it out and extending her hand revealing it. rosaline had not yet taken a proper look at it but it was practically brand new.

     the hilt was a dark metal, with some striped patterns. the blade was stainless steel, sharpened with swirling patterns engraved into it. additionally, it was double-edged, with the other side being jagged to use for cutting through the skin. the sheath matched the pattern that was on the blade.

     "where'd you get this?" daryl questioned, taking it into his hands and running his hand across the engravings carefully.

     "carl found an arsenal and i figured that you could make more use of it than me, and you just gave me this cloak." she'd explain, smiling softly.

     "not really the best exchange, this is proper equipment, girl." the marksman told her, shaking his head.

     "i already have my kukri, besides you're the hunter. if you want a proper exchange teach me how to shoot." rosaline smirked. daryl scoffed but took the knife anyway, nodding towards her, "how're you holding up?"