- 𝟏𝟎𝟒

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ABOVE HER negan hesitated for a moment. rosaline was practically shaking now, but she tried to keep a strong face. she wasn't sure if negan was going to kill her, but he's unpredictable. truthfully, she knew nothing.

     "oh shit. maybe this is on me? maybe this is all on me! i gotta make it right. i guess i gotta start all over again. i gotta tell you rick, if i had a kid... i'd want him to be just like these two. to me, it don't matter if she's adopted or not. she survived by your hand - now she could possibly die by your hand. which makes this so much harder."

     rosaline licked her top lip, scowling, "no one's forcing your hand."

     "you're not gonna win, either way." carl seethed.

     negan leaned back on the balls of his feet, "carl. it is over. why don't you look up the street there and take it all in?"

     it looked like they were defeated. yet rosaline refused to believe it. they had been so prepared. even dwight had come and done them a massive favor. however, it had all been put to waste.

     ahhhh!

     in the distance, an unearthly scream reverberated through the area. the yell had come from the direction in which michonne was up in the guard tower. rick's head dropped whilst carl gasped slightly. rosaline's limp trembled.

     the leader of the savior's quirked his brows, blinking a few times before coming eye to eye level with rick, "wow! you just lost somebody important to you- like right now- like, just now. jesus. that is timing. well, rick... you chose this. i truly don't know what more i could've done to warn you. and this isn't a warning - this is a punishment. i'm gonna kill carl now."

     "don't lay a hand on him, negan." rosaline yelled, however, a savior came up behind her and kicked her in the gut, causing her to fall forward onto her elbows.

     negan gazed up at the man and pointed to the guy, then to the fence, "did i ask you to do that? no, smartass. stand there now."

     rosaline gasped for air, watching as daryl resisted the urge to shoot that man from where he was hiding with rhaegar. she struggled back to her knees, "didn't ask for your pity."

     negan shook his head, a light chuckle coming out of him, "anyway. i'm gonna make it one nice, hard swing, try to do it because i like him. i don't want to beat it in a few times so your adoptive daughter here can watch and experience some kind of trauma! i just want you to roll it around your brain for a minute. i'm gonna kill carl, and then lucille here, she's gonna take your hands."

     "you can do it right in front of me." rick decided, eyes emotionless whilst still being red and puffy, "you can take my hands. i told you already- i'm gonna kill you. all of you. maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow... but nothing is gonna change that. nothing." he paused for a moment, leaning into his ear, whispering something quietly.