- 𝟒𝟗

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     SOON AFTER everyone got to talk to carol, rick had asked rosaline if she could tend to the woman's wound for him. she agreed, walking over slowly with the supplies in hand.

     "we can tend to that wound for you," rick offered, "give you a little food and water then send you on your way, but you're gonna have to tell us how you found us and why you were carrying formula."

      the woman had no trouble explaining it all to rick, "the supplies were dropped by a young asian guy with a pretty girl."

     rosaline's eyes widened, watching as rick raised his brows and hershel stood upright on his crutches, "what happened?" the leader interrogated.

     hershel interrupted, "were they attacked?"

     "they were taken," she replied.

     "taken? by who?" rick asked.

     rosaline spared a glance at daryl, who stood there just as on edge as her.

     "by the same son a bitch who shot me," she seethed, glancing down at her wound whilst holding a rag down on it. rosaline placed the stuff she was holding on the table.

     rick leaned closer to her, "hey, these were our people," he grabbed her wound, "you tell us what happened now!"

     "rick, stop that. she's obviously not on their side if she got shot!" rosaline snapped.

     the stranger grunted, "don't you ever touch me again!" she pointed a finger at rick.

     "you'd better start talking." daryl trained his crossbow on her, "you're gonna have a much bigger problem than a gunshot wound."

     the woman narrowed her eyes at daryl, "find 'em yourself."

     rick saw that they needed her, and a part of what rosaline said was right. if they wanted to find maggie and glenn they needed to at least hear this person out. he placed a hand on daryl's crossbow forcing it down, "hey, shh, shh, shh. put it down." he whispered not taking his eyes off the woman, "you came here for a reason."

     she hesitated for a long time before answering, "there's a town. woodbury. about seventy-five survivors. i think they were taken there."

     "a whole town?" rick tried to get her to elaborate.

     "it's run by this guy who calls himself the governor. pretty boy, charming, jim jones type." she rasped out.

     daryl's interest was peaked, this guy could be a threat, "he got muscle?"

     "are they heavily armed?" rosaline questioned, crossing her arms.

     "paramilitary wannabes. they have armed sentries on every wall," she informed.