- 𝟏𝟐𝟖

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     UNEXPECTEDLY, DURING the day aaron had called daryl down to the radio building to warn gabriel about a whisperer mask that judith had discovered in rj's shell stash whilst playing in the sand. he was suggesting that they lockdown alexandria.

     both rosaline and daryl whole-heartedly agreed. their child was there and they were somewhere else. if one of those people even got near there the new mother would probably bury herself alive in the sand and ask daryl to help her.

     michonne slammed her hand down on the button, "hold on. we don't have evidence to justify that. my official recommendation is that everyone should stay on alert until further notice, eyes and ears open. that's it.

     "copy that. over and out."

     the brunette shook her head urgently, "i don't agree. my child is there, in fact, there are several children there."

     "she'll be okay. rostia has 'er. it could be old." daryl placed a hand on her back in an effort to calm her down slightly, not that he wasn't worried, he just hoped that it was a coincidence, "if that's not what you want, i'll go get her myself."

     "i appreciate your caution, and i get it," the leader of alexandria turned to them both, "but we do not need to start a panic."

     cyanide also nodded, trying to help out, "a lot of stuff washed up ashore from the recent storm. th-this might not mean anything, you don't have to worry rosaline."

     "or it might mean something." aaron shot back, "look, no one saw alpha's herd move out, so maybe no one saw them move back in but if there's a mask, maybe there are other signs of them out there. we owe it to our people to be sure."

     michonne let out a deep breath, "i'll gather a group. we'll leave in five."

     although, when the leader rotated herself to look at daryl for support he averted his gaze. he didn't want to worry rosaline and felt like it was right to stay with her, "we're gonna hang back for a bit. we'll catch up."

     "okay. try not to worry, okay? visenya will be fine." she reassured, squeezing the new mother's shoulder. michonne knew that when having a child for the first time, that was going to be the woman's priority every single time above all else.

     rosa dipped her head, her husband mimicking the action, "okay."

     with that, the two walked out, leaving michonne to gather her people for the patrol for the enemies. rosaline's first idea, as well as daryl's, was to go find connie. rhaegar and horizon ended up joining them from where they were basking in the sun near the trees.

     just as she did long ago with maggie, rosaline found a good friend in connie. the woman had no doubt about it that daryl enjoyed her company either - they had both started to learn some sign language to help out in communication.