- 𝟑𝟕

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     ROSALINE HUGGED into daryl's back as they rode on, inhaling his familiar scent. leather and smoke. it satisfied her, knowing that he was with them again and not probably being eaten by walkers. her concern for the man had grown stronger within the weeks, and she cared for him just as much as she did with her adoptive family.

     she'd almost fallen asleep if not for the fact that rick honked at them to stop. was there a problem with the car?

     daryl stopped the motorcycle, putting a foot down to steady them, and turned the engine off. rosaline placed her feet on the floor, zipping up the khaki bomber jacket maggie had given her back at the farm, and turned around in confusion, "running low on fuel?"

     everyone got out of the cars. daryl muttered something to rosaline, "most likely."

     she nodded, "we've been driving for an hour now."

     "you out?" daryl questioned him.

     the leader confirmed their suspicions, "running on fumes."

     "we can't stay here." maggie said, gripping onto a shotgun.

     glenn seemed to get the idea, "we can't all fit in one car."

     "we'll have to make a run for some gas in the morning." rick decided.

     "spend the night here? it's freezing." carol complained, rubbing her arms up and down searching for some warmth.

     "i'm cold," carl whined out, causing his mother to hold him closer.

     lori looked to her husband, "we'll build a fire, yeah?"

     rosaline started to wander away, slinging her quiver around her back and grabbing her bow from the back of daryl's motorcycle. the redneck noticed and warned everyone, "if you go out looking for firewood, stay close. only got so many arrows. how you doing on ammo?" he asked risk.

     "not enough," he answered warily.

     maggie exhaled, "we can't just sit here with our asses hanging out."

     "watch your mouth," hershel warned his daughter, "everyone stop panicking and listen to rick."

     rick pointed to the area around them, "alright. we'll set up a perimeter. in the morning, we'll find some gas and some supplies. we'll keep pushing on." he advised.

     "glenn and i can go make a run now." maggie offered, loading her gun, "try and scrounge up some gas."

     rick shook his head, "no, we stay together. god forbid something happens and people get stranded without a car."

     rosaline looked around, snapping her fingers so rhaegar would sit down in front of her, "are we not stuck out here, right now?" she said as a matter of factly.