- 𝟑𝟐

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     SHANE DECIDED to break the silence, "we all know what needs to be done..."

     something within rick moved and suddenly he'd changed his mind, "no, dale is right. so is rosaline. we can't leave any stone unturned here. we have a responsibility."

     "so what's the other solution?" andrea queried, frustrated and slapping her hands against her thighs in defeat.

     lori scolded her, "let rick finish."

     "we haven't come up with a single viable option yet." andrea said, "i wish we could!"

     "so let's work on it!" dale yelled.

     "we are." rick answered louder.

    carol decided to break up the conversation before it got out of hand, "stop it. just stop it. i'm sick of everybody arguing and fighting. i didn't ask for this. you can't ask us to decide something like this. please decide - either of your or both of you - but leave me out of it."

     dale gazed at her, "not speaking out or killing him yourself - there's no difference."

    "all right, that's enough." rick concluded, "anybody that wants the floor before we make a final decision has the chance."

    maggie and patricia sat down. hershel remained seated. rosaline was tempted to take a seat, yet she stood standing.

     "you once said that we don't kill the living." dale reminded.

     rick shook his head, "that was before the living tried to kill us.

    "but don't you see? if we do this, the people that we were- the world that we knew is dead! and this new world is ugly. it's... harsh. it's survival of the fittest and that's a world i don't wanna live in and i don't believe that any of you do. i can't! please, let's just do what's right."

     silence.

    "isn't anybody here with me?" dale asked, shocked to the core.

    "i am." rosaline murmured. a few heads turned to her.

     andrea finally spoke up, "they're right. we should find another solution."

     "anybody else?" rick decided to make sure scanning the room.

     no one else. it was a majority vote.

     "are y'all gonna watch too?" dale asked mockingly, swinging his head from side to side, "no, you'll go hide your heads in your tents and try to forget that we're slaughtering a human being. whoa. i won't be a party to it."

     before walking out, he placed a hand on daryl's shoulder giving him a nod, "this group is broken."

     those words seemed to register in rick's head slowly. realizing the mistake they were making. rosaline sighed, deciding to leave the house too to get some fresh air. daryl's exchanged looks with her as they walked past.