- 𝟏𝟗

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     DARYL FELL limp to the ground below him.

     immediately, rosaline rushed to him screaming in worry, "daryl!" there were no words to describe her fear at that moment. was he really dead? no. she couldn't be able to begin to think what she'd do if he was.

     "no! no! no!" rick cried out, rushing to his side.

      everyone started rushing to the scene. the greene family was out the house, followed by lori and glenn. rhaegar who had heard the shot clearly thundered past all of them, barking - he had heard the scream of his owner and the scent of fear was high in the air. the speed he had picked up was phenomenal.

      clearing the fence, he was at his owner's side within seconds checking over her and then finding daryl on the floor beginning to lick at his wounds.

     from what rosaline could see he had an arrow lodged into his side. however, the more she checked over him through the panic she could see that the gunshot hadn't in fact gone through his head. it just grazed his temple.

     "thank god andrea is a fucking shit shot. i'm going to kill her!" rosaline raged under her breath as the group started to pick up daryl. once again, the girl examined him and she saw a pair of walker ears dangling from his neck, "what is that?"

     "geek ears." t-dog told her.

     "what the fuck?"

     "i was kidding!" daryl said.

     "come on." rick groaned, prying him upwards with shane.

     the sounds of running followed behind them, "oh my god. oh my god is he dead!?" andrea said through heavy breaths, the guilt was evident in her tone. yet something about her carelessness infuriated rosaline.

     "unconscious. you just grazed him." rick told her.

     rage flared within her eyes, "they told you NOT to shoot! does something as simple as 'do not shoot' comprehend in your head?!" rosaline yelled at her standing up making her way over, pushing andrea, "why?!"

     "but look at him! what the hell happened?" glenn asked in disbelief, "he's wearing ears."

     "let's keep that to ourselves." rick grumbled, snapping off the necklace daryl had decided to make himself on his little trip.

     t-dog stopped behind them, "guys. isn't this sophia's?" he queried, holding up a familiar doll.

     when rosaline looked behind them she gasped. it was sophia's doll! daryl really found something. something that led them closer to sophia - there was hope. all because of daryl. yet here he was. shot by andrea.