- 𝟏𝟒𝟏

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

     CAUTIOUS STEPS FOLLOWED the trio through the forest, rosaline watching as daryl tried his best to coach judith on what to do. a lot of his interactions with visenya had softened him, and he always gentle with children his voice differing from his sharp and snappy one.

     he stopped judith with a hand, "a hunter moves, everything else moves around it. try to spot things that don't belong, things that just don't feel right. now take a look. tell me what you see."

     rosaline's eyes followed his to look up at a tree trunk, spotting a piece of skin hanging off of it. the corner of her lips twitched upwards as soon as judith located it.

     "living or dead?" he inquired.

     "walker." she replied correctly.

     he gave a proud nod, stepping forward, "they could be roundin' more up. stay behind us."

     within minutes, they approached a piece of shrubbery, their steps being drowned out with more staggered ones. clearly coming from the dead - rosaline had learned this long ago when daryl had taught her hunting. she'd practically mastered this now. learning how someone dead and living moves. however, one of them clearly felt off, signaling that this was one of the whisperers.

     the three hid behind a tree, daryl aiming his crossbow and letting an arrow fly in the shoulder of the living. a grunt had released from the person, causing them to recoil and sprint straight into the treeline the opposite way.

     rosa grabbed the bow off her back, firing an arrow into the head of the third walker as judith and daryl took their chance up close and personal with the flesh-eaters before sprinting after the whisperer. only now rhaegar would be useful to give chase here.

     eventually, they had found the whisperer, which was actually a woman, lying in a ditch, the arrow lodged into her chest. rosaline aimed her bow downwards along with daryl.

     "throw it over there. now." he demanded.

     the woman let out exasperated breaths, "i will if you pull this outta me. i can't die like this. it ain't natural."

     "you drop the knife, i'll think about it." daryl said, watching as she complied, "where're your people?"

     "a few miles east. headed to the ocean." she responded.

     "are they with the horde? you a scout?"

     "i was going off on my own."

     "why?" the marksman demanded, glancing back ever so slightly as rosaline approached judith to cover her somewhat if daryl decided to shoot.

     the whisperer lifted her head slightly, "i had no choice. i love those people, but he's... i couldn't stay there."

     daryl inched closer, tilting his head in question, "he's what?"