Chapter 36-40

Helian Wei Wei simply didn't care how everybody looked at her. She turned around, lowered her voice to a whisper, and said beside the old one's ear, "No matter what happens later, Master must pretend that you don't know me."

"Disciple, are you really not going to acknowledge me? This Master is heartbroken." The more the old man spoke, the more he expressed his hidden bitterness.

Wei Wei saw that Helian Mei was coming nearer and hurriedly finished what she was saying, "Remember what I've just said."

"Hmph!" Helian Mei coldly harrumphed and said using a soft voice only two people could hear, "Don't think just because Grandmaster gave you some time, you can feel that you have a chance to curry favor with him. Grandmaster won't buy this trick of yours. Wait and see, in a while, Grandmaster's going to order you to get the hell out of this qi testing stadium. Where do you think this is? A good-for-nothing dared to come here?

"We'll know after fighting who's the actually good-for-nothing." Facing Helian Mei's provocation, Wei Wei raised her brows a bit. An aloof and wildly proud aura, followed by the action of raising her eyebrows, gave her a completely overwhelming presence.

Helian Mei saw the shadow of a person walk by her from the side. That kind of casual attitude, which seemed like she totally did not place her in her eyes, was so despicable!

Helian Mei gritted her teeth, dying to tear Wei Wei into shreds then and there.

"Lord Murong!" she raised her head, the corners of her eyes showing a slight smiling expression, "How about I get tested first, I'm afraid Elder Sister will still need to prepare a bit. It seems like she's forgotten how to circulate qi. Coincidentally I can also give Elder Sister a demonstration."

The tone of Helian Mei's words was slightly higher pitched. Even though she intentionally covered it up, she still couldn't completely suppress the strong undertones of mockery.

Her purpose was very clear, that is to get her own qi tested first, then have Wei Wei test hers. Having her as a contrast would show off Wei Wei, this good-for-nothing's, uselessness even more.

As intelligent as Wei Wei was, how could she not know what her adversary was planning. She curved her thin lips. She's not going to waste a thought on this business of who got tested first. From her point of view, it's the same no matter who got tested first.

Helian Mei turned to Wei Wei's direction and looked at her smugly, after which she took a step forward and jumped onto the stage.

Everybody's hearts were quivering as they turned their gazes upon her. Even though this Helian Mei wasn't a genius like Helian Jiao Er, she still was an absolutely outstanding martial artist. As soon as she entered the academy, she already attained first place in the Fine Compound. It could be said that in the martial qi testing this time, she was one of the top two candidates to enter the Superior Compound!

As if greatly enjoying the feeling of being in everyone's attention, Helian Mei lifted up her chin and placed her hand on top of the transparent crystal sphere. Instantly, a sea of fog rose from the bottom of that crystal sphere, radiating a bright light.

At that moment, the crowd surged up, "It's water attribute fifth level!"

"Heavens! It's actually water attribute! It's very difficult for any of the new students to reach this level. She deserves to be Helian family's young miss!

Helian Mei looked, with a satisfied expression, at the commotion she created and smugly retrieved her hand from the top of the crystal ball. On her face was a smile that could not be concealed.

She turned her head around and looked at Wei Wei. Even if her face was smiling, the words that were spoken carried a tone that made people uncomfortable, "Oldest Sister should also come and try it. If you don't want to try, you can give up on the test. After all, in front of so many people, it's very difficult to find your face after you've lost it."