816-820

As he watched the God of Tian Shan left, Little Monk was troubled, "What should we do with his betrothal gifts?" If Honored Sir saw this, my lord, you would surely be grounded again."

"Betrothal gifts?" Phoenix laughed, "Easy, keep the ones that are worthy and throw away the rest."

Little Monk opened his mouth wide, "Keep them? What if those from Tian Shan come asking for them next time? Moreover, Honored Sir..."

"Remember, these are not betrothal gifts. Instead, they are donated by Tian Shan to Leiyin Temple as incense money." Phoenix was playing with a jewelry while she was saying, "Are those from Tian Shan so stingy to take back what they have given?"

Little Monk hesitated. Although the solution given by his lord sounded nice.

But why do I feel as if we are stealing somebody's fortune? Wasn't the God of Tian Shan really here to send betrothal gifts?

It was done now. The God of Tian Shan was not only embarrassed, he could not even get back his betrothal gifts.

Why would he choose to provoke the lord instead of anyone else?

But... Why is the Emperor still here?

Phoenix was having the same thought as Little Monk. She raised her eyebrow while asking the man before her, "Anything?"

The man replied calmly but in an uncourteous way, "Ask your Little Monk to serve me tea. I'm not used to talk while standing outside."

Phoenix was surprised by his response. He's really here for me?

"I don't have tea here." No Gods or Buddhas had ever paid any visit here, so it was reasonable that Phoenix had no tea leaves or spring water prepared.

Upon listening to his lord's words, Little Monk tugged at the corner of Phoenix's robe.

Phoenix looked at him and wondered why he acted like that.

Little Shami tried to smooth things over, "Since Lord Phoenix has no tea leaves here, why don't we go somewhere else, Emperor?"

It is all good as long as both of you don't start fighting!

He even suspected that the Emperor said that he wanted to have tea only to tease Phoenix!

The man ignored Little Shami's words. He stopped and turned around. Then he walked toward Phoenix, lowering his body while stretching his arm to her back for support. There was a strong aura emitted from him along with a hint of danger, "No tea?"

Oh no! Surely they would fight this time!

Not only was Little Shami nervous, even the forehead of Little Monk was covered in sweat.

"Yes." Phoenix smiled and continued, "But I have wine. I've brought it from the magical realm last time. Interested?"

"Sure." The man smiled while looking at her. He put his hand back and tidied his long robe, "After you."

Just like this?! Little Monk and Little Shami looked at each other. Unexpectedly, they did not fight! Besides, they are going to drink together! Drinking in Buddhism?! Isn't this irrespectful?

Golden Lotus was still standing there and the smile on her face faded. She thought Phoenix would say yes to anyone she recommended to her, the God of Tian Shan's qualification was of satisfaction after all.

Now that she thought of it, she had underestimated her.

She was indeed the almighty Lord Phoenix.

Little Shami noticed Golden Lotus' gaze, "Lady Buddha, today you..."

"I'm not chanting sutras for the Emperor today, we'll see again tomorrow." Golden Lotus smiled gently, "Those from Tian Dao kept asking me to go over. So both of you should stay with the Emperor and Phoenix to prevent them from having any conflict."