Chapter 176-180

Nangong Lie smiled wickedly. "This actually is a secret that only I know of. Grandfather Hei is actually Hei Ze's maternal grandfather. Something happened to Hei Ze's father and mother that year beyond the Great Wall. He was brought back to be raised and soon after, he followed Grandfather Hei, changing his last name to Hei. Ah Jue, why are you suddenly asking this."

After he finished speaking, Nangong Lie felt his scalp becoming cold.

Not for any other reason than because even though the smiling expression on Baili Jia Jue's face didn't diminish, however, his gaze became darker and so deep the end of it couldn't be seen...

Early morning of the next day, a clear and boundless sky.

At dawn, every compound received news to proceed towards Hidden Spirit Temple. However, it would be different this time. During all previous years, the people accompanying him was the winning and second place finishing team. Yet this year, Retired Emperor personally chose the candidates. They were chosen from every compound. The Superior Compound's Helian Jiao Er and Murong Chang Feng. The Fine Compound's Hei Ze and so forth. Helian Wei Wei was also on that list of names.

It's just that she didn't want to go at all. That's why she didn't move very quickly, and dawdled awhile on her bed before she stood up, to discover that the clothes she was wearing differed from yesterday's. Who helped her change into her nightgown?

Wei Wei tapped on her own head, her thoughts were somewhat fragmented. Her first reaction was to inspect her own body, yet there wasn't anything unusual.

It seemed she's overthinking it.

However, in the future, she shouldn't drink so much wine. This kind of feeling of losing consciousness, experiencing it one time was already enough. This place wasn't like the modern times. Even though she had Yuan Ming for protection, however, under most circumstances, Yuan Ming just stayed inside the Celestial Boundary Space to cultivate. Only when Wei Wei was truly under attack would he sense danger and come out.

What's strange was that Yuan Ming, this guy, was clearly a demon, yet compared to her, a human, he respected his schedule even more. Everyday, as soon as the sky darkened, he'd sleep, and he'd awake when it's bright out. He even liked eating noodles, and was simply a model homebody. He didn't match that floating silver haired demonic appearance at all.

"Hey, Yuan Ming, nothing happened to me yesterday, right?" To avoid missing something she couldn't recall, while Wei Wei was gargling her mouth, she also made inquiries.

Yuan Ming lazily yawned. "What could happen to you yesterday, sleeping like a dead hog. In the middle of the night, you even hugged this veritable one into your bosom. Girl, let's be truthful. Between me and you, even if you're very interested, I don't have that notion towards you."

"Thank you, I also don't have that notion towards you." Wei Wei spit out the water in her mouth. "Also, what I was hugging was the ancient book, not you."

Yuan Ming coldly humphed twice, looked in the mirror, and asked again. "This veritable one, compared to that deskmate of yours, actually, how am I lacking?"

"In what aspect were you focusing on?" Wei Wei tugged at the towel and creased her long, shapely brows again. Why was there a moist towel here?

Yuan Ming's chin tilted up slightly. "Appearance!"

"Of course." Wei Wei casually flicked that towel over the wood rack before responding. "Very lacking. Will you sober up. Don't dream, dear. Is my deskmate's kind of appearance something you can achieve? What are you thinking?" Even though Yuan Ming was also quite good looking. However, upon further inspection, her deskmate's face truly was immune to everything. That guy, from head to toe, was seriously perfect. Wei Wei almost suspected whether his body had been artificially altered.