Chapter 106-110

"Oh? How's it related to me?" Helian Jiao Er sarcastically laughed. It was clear her mood wasn't that great.

That personal maid's neck contracted and fawningly maintained a smile. "That Young Master Wu Shuang likes music. He very seldom praised anyone. That day at the armament store, when someone mentioned that My Lady's' zither skills were exceptionally good, he also followed after with some comments. Each sentence was in praise of My Lady." While the maid was speaking, she was also looking up to assess how Helian Jiao Er appeared. Seeing that the corners of her mouth finally had a smiling expression, the maid's words became even more energetic. "It's clear that Young Master Wu Shuang has already taken note of My Lady for a long time, merely...suffered from not having an opportunity to make your acquaintance, that's all."

After Helian Jiao Er heard, she took the handkerchief and covered up the smile which arose again and again on those vermillion colored lips. The indifferent expression in her voice actually didn't change. "Fine, I got it, but you shouldn't say these things to other people, so as to avoid causing some problems."

"This servant understands." That maid bent over and faced backwards to wipe off some cold sweat.

Wei Wei was just standing in front of them, watching a peddler arranging the outer row of wooden combs when she ran into Helian Jiao Er completely by accident.

Her first reaction was to lower her head and look at the hair ornaments, pretending to be a shopping passer-by. After she was finished listening to useful news, she took the things she wanted to buy, and just casually threw a tael of silver to that peddler.

As she brushed past though, that face of hers made it difficult for people not to notice.

Helian Jiao Er looked as if she was stunned for a bit. She probably had never seen a person who was even more beautiful than she was. Her first reaction was to turn her head around and again, take a second look.

However, she was only able to see that lady's rear view in time.

Her body was covered in plain clothes made of coarse fabric, and her entire body, from top to bottom, emitted a destitute and pedantic aura which caused a person to feel disdain. She was but a commoner,

Helian Jiao Er disdainfully thought. As she was about to turn her head around, she saw that the surrounding people, one after another, actually drew their breaths, their eyes focused at the distance. None of their gazes fell on her at all, even her own personal maid looked like she was dumbstruck.

This made the anger in Helian Jiao Er's heart bubbled up all at once, as she extended her hand and pinched her maid's arm. Her sharp, dark red colored fingernails ferociously pierced inward. "Was that person just now very good-looking? Hm?"

Only then did that maid reacted and wondered what wrong she had committed. The blood on her face drained in a flash and her mind was in a mess.

One of her Young Miss' taboo was having someone be more beautiful than her.

In front of her master, she also could not show off the tiniest bit of prettiness!

Consequently, that servant girl immediately shook her head and endured the pain as she replied. "Can be said to be good-looking, however, when compared to My Lady, she's merely a clump of mud under your foot, without the slightest bit of character worth mentioning."

"This servant girl, contrary to what I'd expected, you actually know how to talk." Helian Jiao Er released her hand, and again glanced back while saying in a cold voice. "She dared to be mentioned on equal terms with me based on that kind of clothes, ridiculous!"

Having heard that, the servant girl hurriedly agreed. "Right. What My Lady said is right. An appearance like hers is not even worthy of carrying My Lady's shoes."