586-590

Pit-a-pat...

Pit-a-pat...

Pit-a-pat...

The sound of steadily-paced footsteps came from a distance.

The visitor looked at Helian Wei Wei for quite a while, pursed his lips as he lowered himself and pinched her face.

Helian Wei Wei was in a deep slumber. Moreover, the man did not reveal any sign of breath. Thus, it was understandable for her not to sense his presence.

If it were anyone else, Helian Wei Wei would have been awakened by now.

Upon seeing her in such a manner, the man squinted his eyes and with a wave of his hand, a pure white-colored fur coat was draped over Helian Wei Wei's body.

When Helian Wei Wei felt the warmth, her mouth twitched a little as she tilted her head and slept more soundly.

Fire Qilin was waiting right outside the hall. He gave the man an askance look in silence as he watched the man leaving the room.

Baili Jia Jue glanced at him indifferently. "What? Weren't you the one who said it would be a waste if the coat was not worn?"

Yes, he did say that!

But, that was not right!

The coat had been touched by him before; it was such an extremely valuable item. To make a piece like this would have cost at least three snow foxes. It was justifiable for Master to make one for himself. However, it had a strange feeling that this fur coat was intentionally made for Lady Wei Wei...

Master had never been so kind to the rest of them before! Even it and Green Dragon had to pay for their attire! Let alone the idea of getting a fur coat!

Fire Qilin lowered his head in dejection while pondering over for a moment. Suddenly both its eyes squinted as its thick claws touched its chin, claw by claw.

Why did he seem to sense that there was something strange about the opposite party?

Could the Master be overly concerned about this new prey...?

It seemed that he must be very meticulous with Lady Wei Wei in the future!

It was because its Master could be double-faced!

For instance, whatever that happened in the Sun Hall earlier today was because its Master had twisted its words along the way!

"When she wakes up tomorrow, let her think carefully if she wants to stay by my side or go back to the human world." Baili Jia Jue's husky voice was too deep for Fire Qilin to detect any particular emotion in it. Fire Qilin who was listening attentively by the side nodded. He thought that this was how His Highness generally treated his prey.

Without further deliberation, Baili Jia Jue added coldly, "If she wants to return, break her legs."

When Fire Qilin heard those words, his nodding came to a halt and his mind froze immediately.

Break... break her legs? His Highness never intended to release Lady Wei Wei right?

It was then Green Dragon walked over. In most situations, he would remain quiet, however, today was an exception. He voiced out, "Your Highness, the interest you have over that human being has already surpassed the interest you once had for us."

"Oh?" Baili Jia Jue mused as he cynically twitched the corners of his lips without denying.

Green Dragon continued, "You have quite a few preys that interest you but usually halfway through the process, you would lose interest in domesticating them. Honestly, the expression you had when you looked at that human being just now was very intense. I am not sure why, but I know that you will take things seriously when it arouses your curiosity. However, your seriousness this time around worries me. After all, she is a human being."