926-930

Liu Hongjiang did not understand what Helian Wei Wei meant between the lines initially.

He felt that there was no logic nor reason in her words.

He walked out of the interrogation room and decided to use other methods to interrogate the next person, Baili Jia Jue.

However, his personal cell phone rang before he managed to open the door of the interrogation room.

On the other end of the call was his wife, her voice was dull and raspy, "Oh, what am I going to do, Old Liu? Our Hengheng is missing!"

"Missing? How could that happen?" Liu Hongjiang tilted his head. "Did you search for him in the garden? Perhaps he went to play in the mud?"

"I have looked everywhere but to no avail. All the neighbors said they did not see him around. How can he just disappear after I wake up from my nap?"

Liu Hongjiang felt his stomach churn and his heart plummet. "Calm down. How long has it been since he went missing?"

"I am not exactly sure when he went missing, but I have been finding him for the past three hours. I tried calling you but it never went through. Where have you been the whole night? You are always so busy with work, you don't even have time for your own child!"

Liu Hongjiang spent a night in a hotel, but how could he tell his wife that? He ran his hands through his hair. "Alright, our main priority now is to look for Hengheng. I will settle this matter. In the meantime, you should think if there is anywhere you have yet to search."

If it was a random child who went missing for that long, Liu Hongjiang would definitely hypothesize that the child was kidnapped.

However, this was Yun City, his territory.

Even Sixth Brother had always performed tasks for him, who would dare to kidnap his son?

His son would be safe and sound even if the sky collapsed.

However, it was that exact belief that gave Liu Hongjiang a tight slap in the face right at that moment.

When he wanted to hang up his phone, he heard a shriek from the other end of the call, "Ah!"

"What's the matter?" Liu Hongjiang urged.

The voice in the phone turned into sobs of agony, "Old Liu, someone...someone kidnapped Hengheng."

"That's impossible!" Liu Hongjiang raised his voice.

"How is that not possible? The kidnappers sent a letter, saying that you sinned too much. You allowed child trafficking, and you would do anything to your own benefit. That is the reason they kidnapped Hengheng. They also asked you to think of what you did to those children who had memories of the past – they will do the same to Hengheng." She clutched onto a picture of her son tightly while nagging him. "Old Liu, I don't understand. What happened to those children with memories?"

Liu Hongjiang felt chills up his spine and an unprecedented haunting sense of fear upon hearing that. He knew how Sixth Brother treated the 'products'. The harder it was to move the products, the more troublesome it was for them.

They had a method to make the children more obedient. For the children who still had memories, they would disable them by amputating their limbs before dumping them on the streets to beg for money.

Liu Hongjiang could not bring himself to think of an image that seemed normal to him previously as now it was such a dreadful scene for him to even imagine it.

"Old Liu, say something, Old Liu." Old Liu's wife was panicked over the phone, she had a bad feeling in her gut about this.

Liu Hongjiang's words verified her concern. "I will go search now, I will talk to you again once everything is settled."