421-425

Helian Wei Wei was not going to beat him anymore; a single hit to get her message across was more than sufficient.

Thus, she obediently heeded Baili Jia Jue's advice and returned to her seat, where His Highness continued feeding her.

Baili Jia Jue placed one hand nonchalantly on the back of her chair and fed her with the other. This gesture was not exactly intimate, but it greatly reflected the perfect chemistry between them.

Nangong Lie simply could not believe that both of them could be so heartless. He could forgive them for being romantic, but such a blatant display of affection was simply too tormenting for a bachelor like him!

After quite some time, Baili Jia Jue finally put down the pair of chopsticks. Then, he took a handkerchief from the eunuch and wiped his hands before telling Helian Wei Wei, "After a while, you should drink the soup. It is very nourishing for your body as it is boiled with red dates."

Helian Wei Wei nodded obediently.

"Just leave it if you cannot finish it. Don't force yourself to eat everything."

She continued to nod meekly.

Baili Jia Jue was greatly pleased to see her being so cooperative. He patted her head gently and said, "If you really want to venture out of the palace, let Eunuch Sun bring you. He will then be able to inform me in time if anything happens, so don't wander off too far."

"All right." Helian Wei Wei took a sip of tea from the cup in his hand.

Baili Jia Jue stood up leisurely after receiving her affirmation while tidying up his sleeves. He was preparing to bring Nangong Lie, who had pleaded desperately for his assistance, to put the lawless ministers back in their places.

However, after only two steps, he felt that something was not right and paused his feet. He stood firmly and uttered, "If anyone messes with you, you do not need to ask Eunuch Sun to report to me. Don't endure the bullying and just retaliate."

Nangong Lie felt an immense pressure weighing on his shoulders when he heard it. Big Lady Helian would hit a Genius Worshipper like him without hesitation, sending him sprawling on the ground with just a kick. How can someone like her withstand the bullying?

Helian Wei Wei was thinking to herself.

Fine, I will stop beating people up then.

However, the way Baili Jia Jue is speaking now seems very familiar.

Ah, I remember it now.

He taught Little Seven like this too in the past, thus raising him to be a 'Little Tiger' that no one dared to provoke.

Helian Wei Wei felt that this was an opportune moment for her to fully display her considerate appeal as a 'bossy president'. She said to Baili Jia Jue with a little smile, "Don't worry. I will not let anyone bully me. If they cross the line, I shall give them a taste of their own medicine!"

Nangong Lie was speechless...

Why does he have an uncanny feeling that there will be no peace in the palace in the days to come?

Furthermore... Hang on, why does she seem so indifferent about the fact that Ah Jue is selecting his secondary consort? The Capital is in a complete furor about it so it is impossible that she does not know about it.

Hmm, staying silent does not seem to be this lady's forte.

It would be more believable if she rounded up all the maiden ladies who are hoping to be the secondary consort and gave them a good beating. For her to be this calm... Ah, this is not possible even in a million years.