511-515

Deep within the yamen, as the night darkened.

Unknowing of the events that would take place, the first thing that Helian Wei Wei did after returning from the outside was to take a bath.

Her hair was still wet after she took a bath and because of her current identity, she could not possibly be as comfortable as she was in the palace since there was nobody to do her hair for her. Thus, she had no choice but to do it herself.

However, before she could even raise her hand, smooth silk fell on her head, followed by the touch of cool fingers.

"Coming out when you haven't even dried your hair, do you wish to get sick?" Baili Jia Jue's brows were knitted together, but his actions were still extremely patient.

From Helian Wei Wei's current angle, she could only see a pair of long straight legs that would make all men envious, he did not even have love handles. His Highness truly had a good physique.

Long-legged Oppa.

She did not know why but when she thought of this phrase. Helian Wei Wei laughed playfully, narrowing her eyes in mirth while relishing the comfortable force on her like a pampered cat. Lazily, she said, "I don't think I will get sick with this weather. Where did you go just now?"

Baili Jia Jue's hands stilled, and in a casual tone, he replied, "I was handling some matters."

Helian Wei Wei arched her brows but did not press any further. She more or less knew of Baili Jia Jue's methods but he never wanted to let her know about anything too violent.

"Let's play some chess later?"

Aside from sleeping, His Highness' other hobby was playing chess. Between the two, a game of chess was clearly the safer option.

Helian Wei Wei had planned everything properly.

Baili Jia Jue removed the silk cloth and looked upon her from above as though he could lift her up entirely at any time. With a devilish tone, he asked, "Chess? You?"

"You have to give me a handicap of 10 moves," Helian Wei Wei unabashedly requested.

Baili Jia Jue suddenly stooped down to bite her lip and with a deep voice that was oozing elegance, he asked, "What's the wager?"

"Ten thousand silver ingots." Helian Wei Wei found it hard to not blush.

Baili Jia Jie made a sound of approval and then straightened his posture, looking at her with something that resembled a smile, "Shy?"

"You suddenly kissed me," Helian Wei Wei mumbled.

Baili Jia Jue lifted her up and as his well-defined features were softly illuminated by candlelight, a crackle of sexual tension flickered in the air like the flame from the candlelight. Even his voice was deeper than before, "You're not good at chess, I'll teach you."

Before Helian Wei Wei had a chance to reject the offer, both of them were already sitting in front of a chessboard. His white sleeves were moving around like pieces of scroll paintings.

Baili Jia Jue was actually teaching her how to play chess but he did so while embracing her from behind, guiding her fingers to pick up the white and black pieces, making it hard for her to focus as warmth enveloped her fingertips.

"What are you thinking about now?" Baili Jia Jue gleefully asked by her ear, "If you lose this match, you'll be at my mercy after we return to the palace, do you understand?"

Naturally, Helian Wei Wei knew what the word 'mercy' implied and she felt her whole body tingle. Quickly pushing him away, she smoothed her clothes and then sat down opposite him with her mouth curved into a small smirk. "I may not necessarily lose." Following that, she placed a white chess piece on the board.