636-640

Helian Wei Wei noticed that something was wrong the moment she entered the palace.

The Elder Compound had dispatched too many necromancers and they had not left the compound since the beginning. It was as if they were searching for someone.

"It seems like something has happened in the palace." Yuan Ming's devilish voice sounded from behind her, "What an immense aura of resentment, perhaps someone has fallen to the Demonic Path?"

Helian Wei Wei turned her head slightly as she listened to him. Immediately, she dragged a palace maid over and asked, "What's going on here?"

"Third Princess Consort!" The palace maid jumped in surprise and went down on her knees immediately to greet Helian Wei Wei, "Please accept my greetings, Third Princess Consort."

Helian Wei Wei extended her arm to lift her up. Then, she asked, "There's no need to kneel. Just tell me, what on earth is happening? Why are there so many necromancers here?"

"You... You didn't know?" The palace maid was surprised. Then, she glanced at her and stammered, "Apparently, the Little Seventh Prince is actually a demon. The Emperor has given orders to capture him."

"A demon?" Helian Wei Wei furrowed her brows tightly and asked, "Who said that?"

The palace maid was startled by her tone, replying, "I'm not too sure either, but the news seems to have spread from the Palace of Heavenly Purity. It claims that the people that were recently killed in the palace had their blood sucked dry by the Little Seventh Prince."

"The Palace of Heavenly Purity?" Helian Wei Wei's eyes darkened. Isn't that where the Retired Emperor is staying? She also recalled that Yuan Ming once mentioned that something was uncanny in there...

"We found him, we found the Seventh Prince!"

A ruckus rang out from afar all of a sudden.

Helian Wei Wei's heart sank. Without any hesitation, she followed hurriedly after the necromancers.

Around a hundred imperial guards were surrounding a small woodshed in the yard of the Palace of Heavenly Purity.

The Emperor and a number of ministers from the Ministry of Official Personnel Affairs stood outside the circle of guards.

"Break in!" the Emperor ordered with a heavy tone.

The ministers of the Ministry of Official Personnel Affairs looked at one another with uncertainty. Eventually, unable to contain themselves any longer, the ministers asked, "Your Majesty, could there be a mistake? The Seventh Prince is still so young, how could he kill anyone?"

The Emperor remained silent.

The elder next to him snickered, snarking, "Lord Zhang, you must be getting old! The Seventh Prince is a demon, so he is certainly capable of slaughtering people. This has nothing to do with age." Then, he turned toward the Emperor with his hands clasped together and said, "Your Majesty, I think we should set the place on fire to force him out. Then, we can let the ministers see it clearly for themselves."

The ministers from the Ministry of Official Personnel Affairs were unprepared for this. They were also not as eloquent and quick-witted as the elder. Not to mention, the Emperor's attitude about it was very clear.

There is nothing we can do!

We can't possibly stand here and watch the Seventh Prince being forced out by fire, can we?

Judging from His Highness' character, none of them would be spared alive if he found out about this in the future.

There was truly nothing they could do at the moment...