346-350

Old Master Hei's hand froze, holding a teacup. He was completely agitated but could only let out a sigh, "Girl, it must be hard on you all these years."

"It takes 10 years of sharpening to create a perfect sword." Helian Wei Wei took a sip of tea and spoke softly, "Sometimes one can only wake up after suffering from hardships. "

She had been slapped countless times in this life.

In modern times, the disdain of her stepmother always resulted in her being beaten up unreasonably.

No one ever wanted to give her red dates to eat...

No one ever wanted to hear her talk about her sufferings.

She liked hiding in the closet to sleep at that time because she felt that it was the safest place.

She knew better than anyone that in this world, she could only rely on herself to build her own empire.

It was still the same even now.

She would seek revenge on anyone she despised.

She would not complain about those who did not offer to help.

There was no such law that dictated someone should help.

Old Master Hei looked into her resilient eyes and decided, "I will take you to the barracks now."

He might not have readily accepted Helian Wei Wei when she lamented about her prolonged suffering, despite knowing her countless achievements.

However, the girl standing in front of Old Master Hei was neither impatient nor agitated, but amicable and level-headed. Yet, she possessed a unique stubbornness.

He felt really pitiful for such a child.

After all, he heard about the rumors and gossip traveling around the Capital in recent years.

When he heard that his unfilial grandson became close to her, he was both happy and worried.

He had expected everyone else to assume that he detested Wei Wei's attitude.

Indeed, he detested her behavior. However, the feeling stemmed from his earnest wish for her to improve and become a better individual, yet she was lackadaisical.

The thought of making his unfilial grandson marry Wei Wei had also crossed his mind. He could at least protect her well if she married into the Hei family.

However, her grandfather had mentioned on his death bed that he wanted to see his only granddaughter turning into a useful person.

Hence, despite his multiple attempts to secretly care for her, he should not be overprotective.

Now, it was all worth it.

After he finished talking, Old Master Hei brought Helian Wei Wei to the mountain at the back.

Traveling through the thick night mist, she had no clue how Old Master Hei led them there.

Then, an extremely hidden valley appeared in front of Helian Wei Wei.

All the animals that passed through the valley entrance would flee instantly, frightened by the cold murderous aura inside.

However, it was the sound of an army drill that faintly echoed from within the mountain valley now.

This was the secret base of the Helian family's hidden army.

"No wonder everyone can't find the hidden army. They were actually hiding in here." Helian Wei Wei stared at the entrance of the valley her brow raised in satisfaction. It was indeed a good location.