186-190

"Oldest Sister, are you still trying to rationalize even now!" Helian Jiao Er suddenly turned her head around as her pair of beautiful eyes looked at Helian Wei Wei, they seemed as if they're looking at a thief with the heart of a wolf. "How did mother treat you. Everyone could see it, yet you treat Mother in this way. Even if you don't take note of Mother's kindness, you didn't have to mix the witch wood and her jewelry to curse her! Oldest Sister, your heart's so ruthless!"

All of these things could be considered definite proof.

Little Lian's answers were additional confirmation of Wei Wei's crime.

Everyone turned and glanced in Wei Wei's direction, the kind of gaze that seemed as if she was a poisonous snake, or scorpion.

Retired Emperor's face also expressed displeasure. He couldn't believe that someone dared to use witch wood at Hidden Spirit Temple in his presence.

How could this girl from the Helian family dare to do these things.

It's bad enough when these things happened at the palace.

Within a temple, even if someone created a scheme that she fell into, that's still bad luck.

Retired Emperor creased his dense eyebrows, the sound of his voice was deep as he spoke to Wei Wei. "What else do you want to say."

Wei Wei smiled levelly. "This commoner's jewelry was indeed delivered by this maid. I don't understand why she lied. However, there's one thing that needs clarification from Retired Emperor."

"Oldest Miss, even though this servant is but a maid, I still understand what justice is, don't wrong me!" Little Lian felt so aggrieved her eyes became red. Those tears falling on her little face that's as fair as an eggshell actually appeared somewhat lovely and pitiful.

Wei Wei stepped forward, extended her hand and grasped Little Lian's chin as she leaned her head and curved her lips up. After that, one of her palms slapped!

Pow!

That kind of clear and loud sound echoed inside the side chamber and seemed especially ear-piercing.

Not only Little Lian, who was slapped senseless, even Eunuch Sun standing at Retired Emperor's side was shocked.

According to logic, under this kind of circumstance, shouldn't she apologize to Retired Emperor as quickly as possible.

This oldest daughter of the Helian family not only didn't apologize, she even slapped that maid, so rampant, so unbridled, did she want Retired Emperor to sentence her with a capital offense!

"You!" LIttle Lian simply couldn't believe that Wei Wei would have such nerve and dared to slap her in front of Retired Emperor. She was the personal maid beside Madam Su. For so many years, at the Defense Division, whatever she wanted she had. Her life was even more comfortable than those young ladies at the capital. When did she ever receive this kind of treatment!

Little Lian trembled from head to toe, so angry she couldn't speak!

Retired Emperor also didn't think that this would happen, and was just about to get angry.

When he heard Wei Wei's voice speak levelly. "I'm speaking to Retired Emperor, when is it up to a maid like you to interrupt. Or should we say that you believed your somewhat good looks could keep Retired Emperor from distinguishing right from wrong?"

Just as the sound of her voice dropped, the surrounding people stiffly sucked in a breath of cold air.

Especially Eunuch Sun serving by the side. Even his hand also trembled. This Oldest Miss Helian truly had a lot of nerve, to say that so impertinently!