741-745

His tone was very light, and he sounded unusually graceful and deep.

At first, Zhuge Yun did not understand why this man had stopped him from walking forward. He was just about to ask when bone-chilling screams began to come from where the team had disappeared.

"Ah!"

Immediately after, the air was filled with a sudden overwhelming stench of blood, causing people to retch as the smell ran through their noses.

Zhuge Yun widened his eyes, his instinctive reaction was to retrieve the mahogany sword he carried.

Yet, at this moment, the sounds seemed to have died down.

In a quiet atmosphere, one could feel a dense atmosphere permeating.

It sounded vague like someone was ringing a bell.

With each ring of the bell, the skies darkened.

The gradual spreading of darkness seemed to hide numerous chilly ghosts and goblins.

Even the temperature of their surroundings began to drop sharply, the gentle winds were changing abruptly!

In the depths of the forest, something seemed to be moving, deterring people from going near it.

In no time at all, Zhuge Yun's forehead was beaded with sweat. He turned his head around and was just about to say, "Stand back, let me protect you both."

The man who stopped him stepped forward, his green robe fluttered in the wind and his narrow long eyes squinted slightly. He still held his languid yet devilish look, but there was not a flicker of warmth in his eyes. His lips curved into a smile as he said with a stately sense of refined elegance, "Now we can go forward."

Just then, Zhuge Yun seemed to have understood something. His eyes flickered uncontrollably, "You, you knew all along that there was something lurking out there?!"

Baili Jia Jue kept quiet but he remained standing with an expression resembling a smile on his face.

Zhuge Yun had no way of expressing the shock in his heart.

On the other hand, Helian Wei Wei was extremely ********, holding His Highness' hand, she said with a smile, "You used them as bait on purpose?"

"How would I?" Baili Jia Jue stretched his hand out to pull her toward him, as elegantly as a gentleman could. "I just wanted to see how powerful they are to make us beg for mercy. Hah."

That final chuckle was filled with murderous intent.

Frankly, he just wanted to send them to their deaths.

Helian Wei Wei silently grieved for the people there, but she did not feel anything for them.

On the contrary, Zhuge Yun was left stunned momentarily.

When they finally entered, there were only three teams left, striving. It was unclear what the rest had encountered, but all that was left of their bodies were shriveled dry husks that had turned completely black.

"What happened?" Zhuge Yun grabbed one of the exorcists by the collar and asked, "Why did so many of them die?"

The exorcist had obviously been too shocked, hence he could not really react. "This, this route is problematic! I want to go back, who cares about the graveyard. I want to go back!"

"Keep quiet!" The person who spoke was Xiao Lingyu. He was still holding a Chinese talisman in his hand, his fingertips were slightly trembling. "It was just a few tiny flying things, why are you kicking up such a big fuss!"