571-575

Swiftly after the boy finished speaking, a loud boom resonated across the atmosphere.

The black snakes that were entwined around Baili Jia Jue exploded into smithereens by some force that came out of nowhere!

As a bloody mist fell into the air, the sound of footsteps slowly approached...

The two wraiths froze mid-action, slowly turning their heads to look back.

A pair of black boots thumped rhythmically against the ground, and the wind seemed to blow in every direction to puff up Baili Jia Jue's black robe. There, he stood still with a cold, dignified look on his face, an evil aura blanketing him, spreading through the black fog.

The wraith fixed his eyes on him, his brown pupils wide as saucers as if he had just witnessed something incredible and unbelievable with astonishment written all over his face.

His pale lips parted slowly as if he wanted to speak, but he realized his throat was too dry to produce a single sound.

He could only stare as Baili Jia Jue closed the distance between them with wide strides...

In that instant, it was as if time had come to a standstill.

Baili Jia Jue came to a halt before the two wraiths. From below, his long slender legs seemed even more powerful and strong. His prominent cheekbones from his side profile exuded his pale skin which was clearer than ever and laced with a sense of wickedness. In comparison to the cold identity of him, this expression added an inexplicable aura to his usual self.

"Y-your Highness..." The wraiths' facial expressions changed abruptly, their arms extending to grasp at the cloth of their shirts as they fell to the ground in excruciating pain, heaving for air.

Baili Jia Jue reached out to lift a wraith off the ground, the ends of his lips curling up to an evil-like grin. "I'm giving you one last chance. Now, tell me, where did you hide her?"

"In...in the middle of the river..." The boy's initial pale face began turning purple.

The other wraith trembled in fear, afraid that Baili Jia Jue would harm his older brother, but still managed to glance up and squeak, "Your Highness, this had nothing to do with us. We just so happened to contract with someone, we didn't know it was your prey."

"Who are you calling 'Your Highness'?" As Baili Jia Jue's gaze dropped, a flash of red shimmered in his irises. Then, with a rapid swing of his left arm, he flung the wraith in his hand back onto the ground. Enveloped by the sobbing of surrounding ghosts, he recovered his indolent yet evil grin. His body was covered in blood, even his face was filled with crimson red patches. He now looked like a controlling master of darkness, with less of his previous indifference but more of a dashing look which was enough to startle others!

The two wraiths stood side by side, too afraid to speak as they watched the man paced off into the darkness of the night.

He was clearly the most satanic devil ever to roam the earth, but he was tired of the god-like superiority that came with the purity and innocence of his face as well as his effortlessly obtained elegance that was capable of deceiving all of mankind.

Be it demons or devils, every creature would inherently hold the utmost respect for him.

This man had once stood beyond the heavens, bathing in holy light and the constant idolization of the vast population of demons.

The Buddha had once asked him what he wished to do.

He had said, "I wish for this sky to no longer obstruct my eyes, that this earth no longer buries my heart and I wish for all sentient beings to be aware of my intentions, for all Buddhas to vanish like smoke!"