951-955

The incident continued to arouse the netizens' curiosity.

The Chief Secretary was unhappy with the bad press so he made a call to the relevant law-enforcement department.

Consequently, the law-enforcement department got a thorough lecture, causing them to then transfer the blame onto tourists. They wrote a post on Weibo that read, "When tourists encounter a problem, they conjure up conspiracies rather than trying to resolve the issue."

They had done so to control public opinion.

However, some of their chosen words were controversial and unexpectedly to them, many different interpretations started to circulate ever since their opinion was posted.

Those who agreed with their statement praised them for 'allowing the deaf to hear the ruckus'; those who did not, used the phrase, 'the demeanor of the fellow robbers' to mock the law-enforcement department.

Too many tourists had encountered this kind of unscrupulous business. Helian Wei Wei did not even need to do anything for the people to voice their displeasure.

However, real justice was often elusive.

Usually, people did not voice out their opinions because of their forgiving nature or they just did not want to cause any trouble.

However, once a problem had exceeded the bottom line, no one could tolerate such behavior anymore.

Sometimes, even the netizens had a hard time discerning fact from fiction.

Nevertheless, this incident was obvious. The video revealed everything, hence the evidence was indisputable.

It was clear as day that the drivers, tour guides and the store had colluded to take advantage of tourists. The related department's management had been too lenient on this matter as well.

People could only do so much to make the high-ranking executives realize their mistakes.

This was because every time something happened, their first line of action would be to spew excuses in order to shift the blame away from themselves.

Unfortunately, such an abuse of power often occurred in this world.

The people understood the matter well but chose not to comment in public. Some people were vocal about their opinions while some chose the high road and did not criticize the matter. Nevertheless, people wanted to highlight the existence of these schemes and how not to become a victim of them.

The experts in Zhihu wrote a three-point summary that was applicable to each popular tourist town that said – do not register for the individual tour group, do not inquire with local drivers and try to avoid dining at the tourist spots. After all, the scandal of a few tourists being charged an exorbitant price for a fish was still fresh in people's minds.

However, as every city required development and construction, incidents like these would not come to an end anytime soon.

Only the common ordinary folks would suffer as they still relied on these sources of income.

Genuine high-ranked executives wished that everyone could live in an ideal society, yet a perfect system could not be implemented thoroughly.

This was due to the selfish nature of a minority of people.

Take a certain someone in Li City as an example – he perceived himself as someone who was untouchable like a God and sought to control everything.

However, he had never seen a scene like this before until today.

Nevertheless, he was not as brash if compared to a certain someone in Yun City and knew when to keep his opinion to himself.