401-405

Helian Wei Wei paused her steps and hesitated, before she spoke up again, "I need your help."

"What is it?" Baili Jia Jue sounded indifferent and colder than usual.

Helian Wei Wei knew that this favor did not benefit him in any way, but she had no other choice. "Heize is brought in as a murderer, and obviously the magistrate is trying to frame him. There must be someone working behind him, and if there isn't anyone with power that can put him in his place, there's no telling what he could do next."

Baili Jia Jue did not say anything. He stopped what he was doing and faced her, his eyes were burning with coldness.

Helian Wei Wei felt a wave of guilt rush through her as she recalled the countless times he warned her to keep her distance from Heize. "I know I am asking a lot from you to get involved with the White Academy, but I can't just standby and watch an innocent man thrown into the jail. Heize is not the murderer..."

"This is the first time you have ever asked for my help," Baili Jia Jue's voice was as cold as Japanese sake as it echoed through the room, "Yet, it's about of another man."

Helian Wei Wei lifted her head and looked at him.

Baili Jia Jue retained his apathetic look, his finely handmade robe was draped over his body, stopping right before his ankles, fitting him perfectly. He cocked his head to one side, his eyes were unreadable.

He and his grandeur of sovereignty.

Helian Wei Wei felt that something was not right.

Perhaps it was those inhospitable eyes, not even a reflection of the skies could be seen in them... Helian Wei Wei's heart clenched at the thought. It was as though his presence was suffocating her, even the atmosphere around them was tense.

After a while, Baili Jia Jue finally stood up and step by step he walked toward her, his attractive handsome face was so perfect like finely sculpted ice, extremely captivating. "And what would I get, from helping you?"

"The throne." Helian Wei Wei stared into those deep dark eyes of his, "I will do everything in my power to help you get it."

Baili Jia Jue smiled upon hearing this, but his expression could send shivers down one's spine. "Do you think that without your help, I would not be able to achieve the throne by myself? Or are you implying that I have to possess it no matter what?"

Helian Wei Wei did not respond, she obviously knew that without her, the throne would still be easily taken by the man in front of her, the only problem standing between them was the timing.

"When you need me, you'll come running; when you're done with me, you'll just hurl me aside." Baili Jia Jue approached her until she was pressed against the corner of the room. The smell of sandalwood wafted through the air, sending a cold chill running through her. He lowered his head and said, "Why do the good things always happen to you?"

Helian Wei Wei was flustered, she wanted to get out of this situation fast. She lifted her gaze to look at him, her eyes glimmering brighter than ever, "Your Highness has decided to help me?"

When he saw the worried look on her face, the cold and ruthless Baili Jia Jue tried to hide his smile as he coldly stated, "You really do care for him."

He released his hands on her forcefully, making her nearly losing her balance. Luckily she was not the type like Yun Biluo who acted soft and weak in front of people, if not she would have been thrown halfway across the room by now.

Helian Wei Wei massaged her wrists as she listened to him saying, "I will lend you a hand, but on one condition."

"Anything." This round, she owed him a favor.