666-670

People from the Xuanyuan Kingdom felt as if they had been humiliated when their capability was questioned by a child.

They were further piqued when everyone else was staring at Xuan Bing with a hint of doubt in their eyes.

Xuan Bing's face was flushed red before he waved his arms and defended himself, "That only happened because his power was below par. He failed to control the yellow rune, causing the reapers to react unusually!"

Apparently, the exorcists from Huangzi Nation refused to accept the explanation. Two of them stood up in defiance. "What did you say?"

Young men were always brash and assertive, especially when they tried to defend their nation's pride.

Messenger Wang tried his best to contain the matter. He said in muffled tone, "Don't act impulsively. We have an alliance with Xuanyuan Kingdom now."

The two exorcists clenched their fists before they turned their heads away discontentedly.

Xuan Bing stopped speaking.

After all, someone lost his life.

The atmosphere within the Great Hall was no longer as lively as before.

Soon, it was the turn of another exorcist, who hailed from another nation, to summon the reaper.

By the look of his expression, it was apparent that he was scared out of his wits. His face turned pale while his forehead was covered in sweat. Seemingly, he had never recovered from the terrifying event.

Nevertheless, he stood the nearest to Mu Bai just now and witnessed the scene more graphically than anyone else.

When the reaper appeared, they were engulfed by chilling breeze, together with unpleasant memories.

For instance, he was reminded about how he jeopardized his brother in order to acquire his master's Exorcist Sword.

At that moment, he thought that his brother had returned...

"No, I can't do this. This is too scary! I can't do it!" the exorcist from the neighboring country began to shout.

Elder Xu Wu threw a glimpse at him and said, "You'll lose by forfeiting the game. Have you thought about it carefully? Do you have other candidates from your nation who can replace you?"

Everybody remained silent as they exchanged looks before they finally shook their heads.

What happened before was too petrifying.

They were still capable of handling one reaper, but it was impossible to fight with two reapers.

"Then, let's proceed with the next contestant, Xuan Bing!" Elder Xu Wu gazed at the center of the Great Hall and said slyly: "It's time to show them what you've got. Otherwise, certain people might continue to think that they're the right ones."

Following Elder Xu Wu's instruction, Xuan Bing took a step forward. He sneered before he threw a glance at Helian Wei Wei. "Elder Xu Wu is right. Some people are so senseless and only know how to defame others. If I continue to stay quiet, others will probably treat me with cavalier fashion. Previously, Brother Mu Bai summoned two reapers, yet he failed to tame them. Now, I'll summon four reapers. Then, we'll find out which one of us is right!"

"What? He wants to summon four reapers? Is it possible to do that?" The ministers were stunned by his statement as they began to debate among themselves.

Summoning the reaper were one of the toughest skills in the Art of Exorcism. Everyone was surprised to learn that he actually wanted to summon four reapers!