406-410

Walking to an empty corner.

Helian Wei Wei was stopped by Yun Biluo.

Helian Wei Wei was not in the mood to entertain her right now. She looked at her with icy cold eyes and uttered coldly, "Get lost."

There was a change in Yun Biluo's expression. She took a deep breath before saying anything, "I don't care how you treat me, but I never expected that you would let His Highness risk his life for Master Hei." She paused momentarily and continued, "It's you who told His Highness to interfere, isn't it? Otherwise, Master Hei would not be released so soon."

There was a slight pause. Helian Wei Wei clenched her fist that was hidden in the long sleeve, but her eyes were clear and rational.

Yun Biluo softened her voice, "His Highness has told me everything about the two of you, including the agreement. There's nothing wrong to ask for the help of His Highness, but don't you think that you've crossed the line this time?"

"Are you done?" Helian Wei Wei looked back at her and said with a bloodthirsty smile. "Get lost if you're done."

Yun Biluo raised her eyes, her face was full of sorrows. "We both know what Shadow meant just now. Emperor Murong wants to kill His Highness and take over his place. His Highness and I will soon be together. I don't want him to put himself in danger simply because of a previous agreement. I hope you can leave if that's possible. This is the only way for His Highness to let go of the burden..."

She walked into the crowd upon saying that, without turning back or looking at Helian Wei Wei's reaction.

As she already knew, people like Helian Wei Wei would surely not be able to cope with current stress, hence she would choose to leave...

Bang!

It was another academy student who wanted to leave but was 'politely' sent back by the soldiers.

They had no idea what happened to their martial Qi.

They finally came back to their senses when they saw someone from the magistrate came back from the well. All of them were spiked with Energy Varying Powder. Although the amount was insignificant and not fatal, it reminded them that they were unable to use their martial Qi.

The magistrate had made a strategic deployment in an all-round way outside. They could hear the noise of hooves at the foot of the hill even when they were sitting in the room. It showed how near they were already!

The shadow guards remained expressionless even though they were injured. They scattered at all the corners around the inn, pinning down the enemy from the vantage point of the inn.

Even though they were injured, anyone who underestimated them would be greeted with more kicks than halfpence.

This was the power of the 18 shadow guards.

However, they did not receive any news from the military barracks.

All the letters that they sent out were unanswered.

There were some of their men in the Capital, but they were quite far away. It was unlikely for them to reach in time even if they had received the news now.

The magistrate had yet to start attacking, as he knew that anybody else might leave but the Third Prince would never leave.

That was the case even if he had extraordinary martial Qi.

How is the Prince going to be the Emperor of the country in the future if he were to abandon his subjects and flee before a war?

Needless to say, people would surely spit on him if he fled. His face would be covered in a layer of spittle.