426-430

"It's just that your face..." The Retired Emperor who used to give orders would seldom hesitate while speaking. From the bottom of his heart, he was pleased with this grandson's wife, Helian Wei Wei, but the royalties were royalties after all. There was a lot to be concerned about, and the face of Wei Wei had become the key.

Of course, Helian Wei Wei understood what the Retired Emperor meant, she smiled lightly, "Imperial Grandfather, you don't need to worry about this, when the time comes, I will settle this myself."

The Retired Emperor thought about asking how she was going to overcome this as it was impossible for a person's skin to become fair all of a sudden.

However, if Wei Wei could really be selected, and her placing was not too far-fetched, then, he would have an excuse for Ah Jue to not pick a secondary consort.

"Okay," the Retired Emperor smiled. "Go ahead and join if you want to, I will back you up. Even if you couldn't get the first place, I can still make you the top five, once you get into the top five, everything will be alright. But make sure that you are as prepared as possible in regard to attire and makeup."

Helian Wei Wei nodded upon hearing this, "Alright."

The Retired Emperor had always admired her composure. He then directed his order toward Eunuch Sun who was standing aside, "Later, show Wei Wei all the details of the secondary consort selection."

"Yes," Eunuch Sun replied, then glanced at Helian Wei Wei, the astonishment in his heart had not faded away. According to the principle, by looking at the appearance of the princess consort, the last thing to do was to reveal her to the public. As once a hideous face like this was disclosed, it was bound to attract more discontent.

Those ladies who fulfilled all the requirements but were not selected would definitely compare themselves to this ugly woman who was qualified to become the Third Princess Consort.

Before this, he did not understand as well, the fact that there were so many women in the world.

Why would His Highness fancy this person alone?

After going through so much, he finally understood.

Although there were a lot of women in this world, no one would approach His Highness with no intentions in mind the way Helian Wei Wei did.

Even though he had been following His Highness all these years, he would still feel the fear of being with the prince's company. He would feel as if he was living with a tiger whenever His Highness revealed his dark side.

However, this matter was non-existent for Helian Wei Wei. She saw His Highness as a man, an ordinary man whom she liked.

Ever since the princess consort moved into the palace, the frequency where His Highness showed his laughter had increased, and the way he pampered the princess consort was slightly out of everyone's expectation.

He had been in the palace for a long time and had witnessed a number of spoiled consorts.

Once they were in favor, they would turn into a different person, treating their palace maids and eunuchs with scoldings and beatings.

The current Helian Wei Wei was just a teenage girl, but she gave others the feeling of calmness and stability in the face of crisis.

Although she seemed to be lazy and was doing nothing most of the time, there was a sense of oppression in all her doings.

She had never been arrogant just because she was in favor, on the contrary, she was more so polite to the elderly.

A lady like this was too suitable for the darkness in the palace.