Chapter 141-145

"How thoughtful of you." Baili Jia Jue didn't stop Helian Wei Wei from moving away at all, and seemed as if whatever she did was unrelated to him. He merely gracefully raised his leg and folded it over the other, while one finger slowly, segmented as if it was playing a tune, tapped on his knee. There was a gracefulness to his countenance mixed with a cold detachment that's unique to his character. He looked at Wei Wei indolently. There was an indescribable kind of expression reflected in his eyes.

Within the arrogance, a gracefulness penetrated which seemed amiable, yet also was not easy to get close to.

This made a person couldn't help but associate him with a Persian cat. The noble aura, the indifference, the spellbinding charm.

Looking at this expression of his, Wei Wei's suspicions dissipated. Sure enough, she was just overthinking it just now.

Third Prince was still that distanced man. Merely, the two of them were just a bit more familiar with each other than they were at the beginning, and that's also why he'd target her once in awhile with his venomous tongue, looking for a bit of amusement.

Who told her to be the only other person with him in this carriage.

Anyways, she could forget about counting on him to be gentle.

That's how Third Prince treated her, his cooperative partner. When he ought to be aloof, he'd be as aloof as before.

"Your Highness." The sound of Shadow's voice transmitted again from the outside, mixed with the sound of the wind. "We're entering the city. Should we directly return to the palace, or go to White Academy?"

Baili Jia Jue raised a hand and unhurriedly arranged and straightened out his messy sleeves. His silver mask was the same as the noble moonlight contrasting with the side of his perfectly shaped ice-cold face, imposing, noble, and poised. "Go to White Academy."

"I won't be returning with Your Highness, then." Wei Wei's pretty head turned around. "In a moment, Your Highness can directly drop me off at the foot of the mountain. That'll be fine." Before she won the martial qi competition, before the choice of consort had been decided, it's still better if they maintained their distance.

Even though she and Third Prince already signed a contract, however, during the time the conditions hadn't been carried out, if the people at the academy saw her and Third Prince returning together, it's possible that they'd again come up with some wicked idea that's really troublesome.

Having heard what she said, Baili Jia Jue's hidden eyes sank deeper in thought, but his appearance was still indifferent. Merely, his thin lips pursed slightly, and the chill increased by a notch. "Are you maintaining your distance from me?"

Wei Wei paused, and also didn't hide it from him. "Your Highness is too popular. I'm afraid I'll be considered as a thorn in the side of those admiring fans of yours at the academy."

"It can't be as extreme as you've made it out to be." Baili Jia Jue took a glance at her as not a small amount of chilliness dissipated.

Wei Wei packed up her things and didn't forget to reply with a light smile. "Of course Your Highness wouldn't understand a woman's jealous heart."

Just like last time, she only had a chance encounter with Third Prince for a bit inside Spirit Forest, yet after they returned, rumors sprung up everywhere. Within White Academy, every new student wished that they could choke her to death themselves.

Helian Jiao Er's schemes were even more unceasing, only wishing she could make her thoroughly disappear within White Academy.

However, sometimes, Wei Wei really wanted to know who all of the people behind Helian Jiao Er were, that allowed her to be so absolutely unrestrained.