901-905

Outside the train, in a deserted motel in City B.

There was a sudden bang!

Teen L directly kicked down the door before him, his eyes glistening.

"Hey, who exactly are you people! How dare you barge in like this! If you guys don't leave now, I'm going to call the cops! Do you hear me!"

Helian Wei Wei glanced sideways at the owner of the tiny motel, and laughed lightly as she said, "You let people stay at this motel without any form of registration of identity, what do you think the cops will do if they find out about this?"

The boss's face immediately darkened and turned mum.

Helian Wei Wei shoved him out of the way and marched into the room. She ran her fingers across the cups on the coffee table, and walked toward the bathroom. However, she did not see anything in it as well. As she exited the bathroom, she caught sight of the large bed in the room.

That bed was different from the usual beds in hotels. It looked as though it was hollow underneath.

Strictly speaking, the suspects should not have left so quickly. The tickets that they had traced were clearly set for three hours later.

Helian Wei Wei narrowed her eyes as she walked forward. Her nose crinkled as it suddenly picked up a scent. Wait, what is this smell?

The smell of human flesh?

Without a moment's hesitation, Helian Wei Wei bent down and lifted the sheets to peek inside!

Before she could say anything, the motel owner cried out in shock, his voice quivering, "Wh-what is that!"

"Can't you see? They're corpses, and there are two of them. From the looks of it, they've not been dead for long." Helian Wei Wei peeled open their eyelids. Initially, she had wanted to summon their souls to ask a few questions. Strangely, there was not even a glimmer of soul left in both bodies.

In fact, aside from the two bodies, the entire motel was extremely clean and not a single wandering spirit could be found.

This sort of situation was by no means normal.

Even though the train station was filled with people, it was also the place where Qi of Yang was the most abundant.

However, train stations were usually built at a location with ample airflow. This meant that Qi of Yin would collect in its surroundings, especially in this sort of seedy motels. Here, the clients were usually suspicious figures with immoral intentions. Thus, it became a favorite location for wandering spirits to absorb the aura of resentment.

So, why aren't there any dead souls here?

Helian Wei Wei furrowed her eyebrows as she swiped at her phone's screen and made a call, "Monkey, access the train system of City B and key in the identities of these four people. Check if any of them made last-minute changes to their tickets."

Unlike her, the motel owner's expression was overwhelmed with fear, and his forehead broke into a cold sweat as he muttered, "What should we do? How did they die here? Is it because they ate something they shouldn't have, or were they drugged?"

"It's neither, they died of unnatural causes. If I were you, I wouldn't continue standing here. I'd call the police right now," Helian Wei Wei said as she walked out. Since they had already died, there would not be any useful clues for them here.

The motel owner's eyes widened immensely as he stammered, "You, who are you people!"

After they suddenly barged in, dead people were discovered in the room!