376-380

At this moment, the Emperor did not dare to say more, hence he chose to leave immediately.

In the General's residence.

The smile on Su Yan Mo's face slowly faded, it seemed as if she could never get a rest from receiving bad news.

Logically, the decision would be made soon on the Empress' side.

However, there had been no news whatsoever since she started waiting, not to mention the fact that the people she sent out had disappeared as well.

A bad feeling began brewing in Su Yan Mo's heart, dampened her hands with cold sweat.

At this point in time, the butler who helped her manage everything on the outside rushed in hurriedly, his face revealed a sense of frazzledness. "Mis... Mistress, our stores have all been shut down for investigation and... and those officials that are connected to us have all... all been arrested."

The butler was panting as he said it, but all Su Yan Mo could feel now was thunderstruck.

She rushed out quickly to ask around and found out that there had really been a lot of people who were arrested.

Not only had those small officials who were barely related to her being arrested, but even her connections buried within the Su family were being investigated.

Thus, Su Yan Mo went into a panicked and frenzied mode as she cracked her head to look for money to patch up the monetary black hole, being extremely careful to prevent from being discovered.

What frustrated her more was the fact that despite the amount of money she offered up, no one wanted to help her get the job done. This was a situation that had never occurred before.

Su Yan Mo thought that she could only rely on Helian Guang Yao in the following days. Yet, as it turned out, Helian Guang Yao rarely came back during this period of time.

Well, he used to come up with an excuse for his absence, now he merely let people send word back and sometimes, not even a word was conveyed.

Nobody knew what he was doing.

Su Yan Mo was extremely anxious deep down, but there was nothing she could do except watching those people getting arrested.

Su Yan Mo comforted herself, telling herself that nothing was settled yet.

With Li Meng's personality, he would not rat her out.

Even if she were to be implicated, Helian Wei Wei's crime would be way more serious than hers.

She did not need to worry so much.

However, Su Yan Mo did not know that her so-called 'crime' did not exist at all...

At night, in the prison.

Li Meng had never suffered so much before. Initially, he had thought that he would be rescued out in no time.

Yet, half a day had passed and there was no news from the outside at all.

More than that, what Li Meng could not bear the most was the fact that such a piercing light was shone upon him and he was not allowed to even drink a sip of water. Moreover, no one spoke to him.

Even the situation beforehand where he was being beaten up was still better than the current situation.

The unfamiliar sense of panic and terror caused his forehead to drench with cold sweat.

"Young Mistress, let's go in and beat him up again. We can't just let him off the hook by waiting like this." Da Xiong fiddled with his fingers indignantly as he stood by Helian Wei Wei.