Chapter 76 - 14th Floor

Y/n and the boys of Vortex sat on the sofa as they all listened  to the newly composed song with JYP. "I really like Tae-woo's head voice, I think you should be a singer." JYP said as he smiled at Tae-woo "But I think the Main vocal should be Jun-seo. He has great Technique and Tone, although his lower range is a bit underdeveloped Jun-seo is the most experienced singer here." JYP said as he leaned back onto his chair "Can I be the Lead vocal sir?" Tae-woo said with a smile "Yeah, you read my mind. You have the most Range and Stability as far as I can see, then again your Tone is unique." JYP said with a smile as he paused the song. "Kyung-Jae is going to be your Main rapper. His flow is really slick, and he is one of the best Lyricist I've ever seen. As for Lead Rapper, It's Y/n again. He and Kyung-jae's Flow are really similar but Y/n falls behind a bit. The difference in you two is Y/n's Clarity and Stability. Y/n has good Lyricism, but you can still work on that."  JYP said smiling "Y/n is going to be your Main dancer, your Energy and Fluidity is something else, You're the most experienced  dancer in the group. Your sense of Rhythm is also sharp. Your Lead dancer is Min-kyu, His Technique and Fluidity reminds me of Jimin from BTS and Kai from EXO." JYP said as he grabbed a bottle of water and took a gulp "Your Visual will be... Jun-seo he has the nose and eyes, and your Center will be Y/n, He is a great all-rounder" JYP said as he sighed hard. "And that is the end of the position assigning." JYP said as he chugged his water. Everyone was smiling at each other, Y/n tapped JYP's leg and smiled "Thank you for the positions given but," Y/n said sitting up and smiling widely "What did you think of the song?" Y/n said expectantly smiling and waiting for a response. Y/n wanted some feedback on his producing since he had been striving to improve his skills for weeks on end. "The beat was great, The lyrics rhymed. The ending is a bit unrefined it might just be a hit." JYP said as he stood up. "Now, you all will debut March 29, 2021. I need you all to do some photoshoots and the M/V shooting. All the details will be dispersed by your managers. Have the day off, you're going to need it." JYP said as all the boys cheered. 

The boys of Vortex exited the room with big smiles that was hidden under their face masks. They radiated an energetic aura, maybe it was because they were skipping down the hallway.  The boys had entered the elevator and pressed the button. Chatter filled the Elevator as everyone was happily talking about their newly assigned positions. Y/n was feeling grateful about the plethora of positions but the pressure of it was dawning on him. His breath was quickening, again doubting himself as he slowly leaned on the wall. "Y/n, are you good?" Kyung-jae asked as he bumped Y/n's shoulder, "Yea, I'm alright. I was just thinking, I may not be a good-" Y/n got cut off by Kyung-jae "You are a good Leader, Singer, Dancer, Friend and Brother. Cut that shit man." Kyung-jae said hugging Y/n with one arm "Alright, thank you." Y/n said with a laugh as Kyung-jae proceeded to hug him tighter. 

The elevator doors opened and the three proceeded to exit the elevator. "Um, Y/n. Hi." Yeji said as she stared at Y/n who was tightly held under Kyung-jae's arm "Oh, hey." Y/n said as he froze not knowing what to do "Hey noona, how have you been?" Kyung-jae asked Yeji with a smile. "Hi, Um. Y/n can we talk?" Yeji asked, Kyung-jae released Y/n from his hold and bowed his head before silently walking out. "Uh, yeah. Where should we go?" Y/n said with a slight smile, "Follow me." Yeji said as she walked into the elevator with Y/n. Pressing the 14th floor button she leaned back on the elevator wall. "So, how has your day been?" Y/n said glancing at Yeji who glanced back "It's been great, Yours?" Yeji said with a smile "My day keeps getting better and better." Y/n said lowly as he looked down to his hands "Look Y/n I didn't mean for us to be awkward or to be anything more than what we are. Friends right?" Yeji said as she fully turned her body to Y/n. Y/n's heart sunk, it hurt him as each word went straight to his heart. Y/n shifted on his feet, not knowing whether to agree or not. The elevator doors opened and Yeji walked out with Y/n unenthusiastically following suit. Yeji leaned on the wall where Y/n and her had their first kiss, whilst intoxicated. She knew she was interested in Y/n but the thought of Y/n being interested with her group mates hurt her.  She was jealous and a bit sorry for herself. Y/n leaned on the wall beside her,  "So about what happened..." Y/n trailed off as he set his eyes on Yeji. Yeji wore black sweatpants coupled by her oversized yellow sweatshirt. Her eyes looked tired, her body was clearly fatigued. Y/n met her eyes "I think we shouldn't tell anyone about it Y/n. And I think it'll be better if we just stay friends." Yeji said, then bit her lip. She didn't know what she was expecting, but the tense aura around the two was new to them, and something in her gut wanted Y/n to do something. "I-I get it. I know that what happened can't be put into words, can I just ask one thing?" Y/n said as his hands got sweaty. His heart had already sunk to hell, and now it just feels like he's twisting the knife in his heart. "Yeah, go ahead." Yeji said as she put her hands into her pockets, "What pushed you to decide that we should just be friends? Was it me? Was I too pushy?" Y/n said biting his lip, eyebrows furrowed. "No, I had set the pace Y/n. It isn't because you were too pushy. Maybe I was speeding the process up, and it finally caught up to me. Honestly I don't know either. If I'm being honest I don't think I'm ready for a relationship yet. With all the Group projects, meetings, music making. I think that would just be too overwhelming for both you and me." Yeji said as she slowly explained to Y/n how she feels, "I get that you're not ready for a relationship, but I'm used to being overwhelmed, I'm familiar with the feeling. Why did you even lead me on if you weren't ready to be in a relationship?" Y/n asks as he looked down at Yeji who was fidgeting, after a few seconds of silence Y/n broke the silence with a sharp tone "I think you're right, we'd be better off as friends." Y/n said as looking at Yeji, he was irritated at himself. Being overwhelmed is Y/n's close friend, He knows how to deal with it, and whenever he is overwhelmed it pushes him to be his best. He loved the feeling of having the pressure on his shoulders as long as he doesn't overthink his every move. Exhaustion is one line Y/n crosses every day, he drives himself to the edge and jumps off it, then claws his way back off that cliff. Its like clockwork to him. Y/n walked away after 5 seconds of Yeji staring into his eyes with pure confusion. Yeji immediately  grabbed Y/n's arm, "Y/n, a-are you okay?" Yeji said concerned. Y/n turned around and flashed her a toothless smile "I'm great Yeji." Y/n said as he pulled his arm away and walked towards the elevator. There was an aura surrounding Y/n. He gave off a very fierce aura. He had a gaze that was stuck to his shoes.

Yeji was still concerned as she watched Y/n walk back into the elevator. She felt concerned about Y/n's health. She was concerned for Y/n's health, both mentally and physically. Yeji felt as if she needed to talk to Y/n again, to mend something that he had made visible. His health was something he didn't like to discuss. But she knew something wasn't adding up.

To be continued...

Took you for a rollercoaster ride there, how are you doing? Good? Great. There's more soon!