Chapter 71 - Busy Day Off

"No, that doesn't rhyme noona. Are you really that sleepy?" Y/n said as he took a gulp out of his water "Well, you can build on those words?" Lia said chuckling a bit as she shrugged. Y/n was drowsy and a bit dazed, he was also feeling a bit hot so he was a bit uncomfortable. Their AC wasn't working and was going to get maintenance in two days so Y/n had to fan himself a bit. Y/n closed his song book and stuffed it into his bag as he huffed. Y/n ran a hand through his hair and rubbed his face down to his neck. He looked at his reflection on his cellphone, he was flushed. He had red cheeks and tired eyes. "Wow, uhm I mean you must be tired." Lia said as Y/n rubbed his eyes. He was drowsy and he wanted to sleep, Y/n glanced to the camera "Noona I need to go to bed now." Y/n said yawning a bit. The pool of drowsiness he was slowly submerging into getting the best of him. Y/n threw his phone to his bed and climbed up the steps to the top bunk. Crawling to his spot, he picked up his phone and laid on his bed. "I think I need to sleep too, were going to be doing some performances soon." Lia said smiling at Y/n's half lidded eyes, "I'll be supporting you from the comfort of my couch, goodnight noona." Y/n said waving his hand as he held back a yawn "Goodnight sweetie." Lia said before she hung up. Y/n didn't have enough time to process her words and instead shrugged it off. Y/n grabbed his charger and plugged his cellphone in before he adjusted himself in bed. He was too tired to think about comfort so he laid his head, his blanket barely covering his feet, and let himself fall deeper into the pool of sleep. The sound of the broken air conditioner whirring in the night filled the room as the two men both slept.

The sun shining it's light throughout the morning sky. The vibration coming from the cellphone beside Y/n's head caused him to stir from his slumber. His eyes twitched at the blinding lights of the room as he grabbed the phone with his left hand. He lifted it to his eyes and checked the time. The light from his phone was dim but enough to make him groan. Y/n sat up trying to convince himself that he needed to get out of bed. He was slowly believing himself as he rubbed his eyes and set his phone down on a pillow. He stretched his arms and legs. The other members of Vortex were in the living room eating their designated meals, all the while still as drowsy as Y/n. They ate as the TV was announcing the news. Their manager, Fusako, had already fixed herself and left earlier in the morning. Y/n walked out of his room and peeked into the Living room, he had a a suspicion that someone in the group would be too sleepy to eat, he wanted to make sure everyone was eating. After he confirmed his suspicion was just mere suspicion through his half lidded eyes, he walked back to his room and picked out clothes he would be wearing. He grabbed his clothes and his towel then proceeded to enter his bathroom. He decided to have a quick cold shower and do a quick run through of his short skin care routine. He hated spreading the different substances on his face, but he knew it was necessary if he didn't want annoying acne. He brushed his teeth and quickly fixed his hair, which was him combing his hair. Y/n then fixed his clothes and picked up his used clothes and threw it in a hamper after he exited the bathroom. Y/n grabbed his backpack and walked to the living room, and dropped his bag catching everyone else's attention.

"It's clean up day, I assign you four this time since last time it was Min-kyu hyung." Y/n said with a smile, the other boys swallowed hard seeing Y/n's squinted eyes and the familiar smirk "Min-kyu, You're doing Laundry. Jun-seo, You're cleaning the Kitchen. Tae-woo, Bathrooms need a scrub down. And Kyung-jae hyung, you get to vacuum and change the sofa covers. Cooperate, and I want this dorm clean." Y/n said with a clap "Well be starting in 30 minutes so I suggest you all get your supplies now and get some old clothes on so that no stains get on your good shirts. Finish up your food and we can start." Y/n said as he walked to the kitchen to take his own food. He sat on the couch as the others scrambled to their rooms, some were already grabbing cleaning products from the kitchen. Cleaning day, one of the few days they all have an excuse to have a whole day to themselves. Half of the day is them cleaning up their dormatory, the other half is them doing whatever they like, with or without permission from their managers. They had established the day after their managers were assigned and have been thriving since. They liked the day because if they did a good job they had a treat from the managers that would involve them going on a shopping spree online fully paid for.
Y/n was certainly the MVP at cleaning since the others weren't too keen in touching dirty things so he was a teacher for a while until they all figured out their own way. Y/n is a very competitive person in reality but he was never afraid to lose. Y/n finished his food and threw away the trash left and fixed himself. Y/n was going to be working on the Bedrooms, closets, beds, arrangement of clothes, etc. He knew that cleaning the rooms had the most procedures so he took it upon himself to tire himself out. He is definitely is not friends with dust of any kind so he put on a mask and some reading glasses as he went to the kitchen to grab some supplies. Seeing the others determined to start made him smile to himself.